Invalid user endpointid error
anjanab

I added an new outlook.com e-mail (which is basically setup us a hotmail account) - it can send but not recieve.  so I went to delete it to go manually set it up and I get the following error:  Invalid user endpointid.  How do I get rid of this account, I tried managing e-mail on the verizon site,but I am not sure that worked to delete it from there.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Invalid user endpointid error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi anjanab. Sorry you're having trouble with your email. I want to help, but I need you to help me understand what's going on. Are you having trouble with an email account set up on your phone or on your computer? You mentioned Outlook, which is a computer program to view email. And you mentioned managing your email on a Verizon site, which leads me to believe it may be something more related to landline/DSL service instead of Verizon Wireless service.

If you're having trouble with an email address you have on your cell phone, that's my specialty! To delete an unwanted email account from your phone, go to Menu > System Settings > Accounts & Sync > Tap the email account you'd like to remove > Tap Menu > Tap Remove account. If you continue to have trouble with removing your email, just let me know. I'm here to help.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
LaneK056

I'm having the same issue.... my AOL account on my Droid Razr Maxx was not updating or sync'ing proplerly with my AOL account. so I deleted it. and then re-added it and still nothing. now, I have an EMPTY INBOX.

Thought maybe because I had mixed-case text on the userid (should NOT be an issue) so I was going to delete the account and re-add again. this time i get "Invalid user endpointid".

The method used (or attempted) to delete account was:
Opened my account-> menu->settings->selected the acct->Remove account->OK

I then get the following error: Invalid user endpointid

I tried the following method:

menu->System settings->Accounts &sync->selected "my aol acct"->Account settings->selected acct->Remove account->OK

and same error.

I even powered the phone off and back on and repeated the steps... same error: Invalid user endpointid

HELP.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no LaneK056!

We can't have you experiencing the same issue!  I have a suggestion for the both of you. Please put your phone in safe mode:
http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=50079

Your third party applications won't load but you should be able to remove and readd your email accounts without this error.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
LaneK056

Still same issue.

I attempted to remove email account under SAFE MODE and still recieve "Invalid user endpointid" message.

not sure it makes a difference:

- I have a Droid Razr Maxx

- on Android 4.0.4

- I added the account via:

Accounts & sync -> ADD ACCOUNT -> Email -> AOL

0 Likes
RickLiebespach

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I am having the same problem.

I have several Live.com email accounts. (One of which is a business email account)

I had each of them setup on my phone.

I later setup outlook on my laptop, to check my email for 2 of the accounts (one of which was my business email account).

None of my Live.com accounts were staying synch'ed with my phone.

Even when I tried to manually synch them, it took several tries and since I was always days out of synch, it always took about 15 minutes to get up-to-date. That's a real pain when you need to find that email from yesterday, NOW!... especially when the email is in the business email account!!!

My yahoo and my gmail accounts are working perfectly.

I went to the local Verizon store and asked for help

The rep said there was nothing wrong with the Live.com setup... he said the Live.com WILL NOT automatically stay synch'ed, like yahoo and gmail do.

(IS that true????)

He suggested deleting one of my Live.com accounts from the phone.

The account he deleted (REMOVE), was my business email account.

We then added it back in.

He said it would automatically synch when created.

The account did not automatically synch. It did not download and emails.

I tried to manually synch it.

nothing happened.

I tried to remove the account again, so I could try adding it again.

That's when I first got the "Invalid User EndPointID" message.

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

0 Likes
seansmith

i was wondering if this error has ever been resolved. i reformatted my phone several months ago. and ran into the same issue. i was still able to work around it somehow and get my gmail account to link but emails were the only thing i could connect to. i have been without my calendar for months. this afternoon i have finally grown tired of this situation and reformatted my phone yet again only to run into the same issue.

any help or advice would be appreciated

0 Likes