Internet Service...
marcelle60
Enthusiast - Level 1

New to this whole smartphone business.  When I'm in my house, the phone automatically used our household internet.  When I'm in my car, or at a restaurant, or anyplace else, I can't retrieve emails, or do a google search or anything related to using internet.  WHY?  Have I missed something?  I feel silly asking this question but I really don't know if I've done something wrong, or just haven't turned something on?? 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Internet Service...
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Don't feel silly ...  to use public WiFi networks you need to go into your Settings / Wireless & Network Settings / Wi-Fi Settings and click on your network notification settings (Open Network or Secure Network) - you'll get a notification when one is available.  If it is a Secured network, you'll need to get the PASSCODE from the establishment. If it is OPEN, you should be able to just select it ...  Make sense?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Cody it is a nice feature to use when your in a slow Network Crunch..

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

+1 

0 Likes
marcelle60
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes..that makes sense, and I did manage to do that at my sons baseball

batting cage facility.. what I want to know is if I'm driving or someplace

where there is no internet does that mean Im out if luck? No way to check

emails???

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

If you turn OFF WiFi, you're normal data delivery will occur - over 4G (or 3G). Just don't leave WiFi turned on all the time or it will constantly search for a WiFi spot ... activate it when you really want to use it ...  (there are widgets that can Toggle it on and Off if you want.)

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it's difficult to use wi-fi all the time.

if you have a 2g/4g plan, you can do a lot of email/attaching pics/taking pics, texting & you won't come close to the limit.

i don't even bother with my home wi-fi anymore & have the old unlimited plan & still hardly get close to 2g/month.

0 Likes