Incredibly Unhappy with Verizon's Level of Service
curtisak2772

I switched to Verizon years ago because they are supposed to be superior service and quality, and I was having so many problems with my previous provider. Now, I am stuck paying nearly $100 a month that I can't afford, when I really only use basic functions on my phone, and I can't afford to break the contract either. My phone was recently taken from me and broken when I was not present. I pay insurance every month, great, so was told that I had to file a claim within 2 weeks and pay $150 that was my only option. I didn't have an extra $150, so I had to borrow it. I've been to the Verizon store 4 times in the last week for various issues related to this problem in order to avoid having to talk to customer service directly and be put on hold, and while at the store the sales associates I would assume would be so much more knowledgeable in the area of phone troubleshooting still put me on the phone in their store and seem as baffled as I do. I received my replacement phone from the company Asurion that Verizon had me use when I filed the insurance claim. I took the new phone to the Verizon store and it supposedly worked and was checked. Then, I realized that I could not make or receive calls. The speaker was completely blown. I can hear ringing but can't do anything else so the phone did not function in the basic way a phone is supposed to function. I have personal, professional, and educational aspects that have been severely affected by this inconvenience. I am expecting several interview followups- calls which I can't answer, my current job requires communication over the phone that I can't complete and has adversely effected me financially, and I have important family members that I can only reach through calling and I need to be constantly available to. Because, you know, at the very least a phone should be able to make and receive calls right? I have been unable to contact my University for scheduling conflicts. Because I can't use my phone. If Verizon is such a trusted reputable company how can they demand loyal customers that do pay their insurance in the event of a disaster use Asurion when they apparently can't even ensure that the replacement you just spent $150 on will work? I should be sent another phone sometime tomorrow, but that will have been 5 days without service that I am paying for and should have had if not for this mistake on the part of this company. I think it's grossly unfair that I have to pay another $94 this month when I have not been able to utilize the basic functions of my phone received through Verizon. And who is to guarantee that my new replacement phone that I should receive tomorrow will work???

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Incredibly Unhappy with Verizon's Level of Service
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The insurance premiums you paid were for Asurion. Verizon Wireless just facilitated the payment for them.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
curtisak2772

Yes. But that's the insurance provided by Verizon. It's still connected.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The insurance was provided by Asurion. You had the option to not select or get insurance through another party. The premiums you paid could have saved by yourself and used to purchase another phone if you needed a replacement device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
shawntej_vzw
Verizon Employee

curtisak2772,

We greatly appreciate you being our customer and understand how frustrating it is to receive a device that's not working as it should. You've already been through enough with having your phone taken, so we apologize for the experience. Since Asurion is the actual insurance provider, the device you receive from them would be covered by their one year warranty. Although we never expect an issue to arise, Asurion does stand behind the replacement devices they provide and are able to assist in any way possible in getting a new device to you. Have you received the replacement they had on its way to you yet? If so, is that device working properly for you?

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes