Incoming calls not coming in
gportnoy

I have this ongoing problem since I got the phone. Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar. Every 3-4 days my phone stops receiving incoming calls. People call me and after 4 rings get my voicemail. My phone never rings, never vibrates, shows absolutely no indication of an incoming phone call, even though if I look it at it I see all 5 towers and 4G/LTE. Sometimes if I make an outbound call after that I can receive a call or two but eventually it'll again go into this strange "you don't need to talk to anyone" mode. If people leave a voicemail, then I get immediate SMS notification. Meanwhile TXTs and emails continue to come in, just no incoming calls. I have to restart the entire phone and this only fixes the issue temporarily. I never installed any alternative dialers or anything that might cause this. Verizon has reset the SIM card once and I performed a factory reset last week. The problem happened again and I went back to the store and got a brand new phone.

Today it happened again with the NEW phone. Phone sitting on my desk suddenly I get a VM notification. I had a full 4G connection at the time. I looked through the logs on the phone (Elixir is an awesome app for that) but there is no indication that the phone was even aware of the call coming in. So I am leaning towards it being a 4G issue, since what else can it be? I just forced the phone to 3g and will see what happens.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Incoming calls not coming in
trasmusan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this ongoing issue also.  But I only have 3G in my area.  People will call and I get no ring or anything.  Then I will get a TXT or VM or missed call. 

0 Likes
Re: Incoming calls not coming in
sherry17

trasmusan wrote:

I have this ongoing issue also.  But I only have 3G in my area.  People will call and I get no ring or anything.  Then I will get a TXT or VM or missed call. 

0 Likes