ICS upgrade ate texts
fjohn1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I love the Razr Maxx and ICS I had on my previous Samsung Nexus, but is there a solution to this problem? Over the last 2-3 years, between a Blackberry Storm 2, a couple of defective Nexuses ( Nexi?) with ICS and a downgrade to Android 2.* when I got the Maxx a couple of months ago, my wife and I never had a problem keeping our old text messages (about 4300 over two years).

When I did the upgrade two nights ago, all seemed seamless, except for a question about text messages. It basically said you could keep at least a month's worth or start over. It did not warn everything over a month old would be deleted. Well, that is what happened.

I called Verizon to ask how I could fix it. He said there is no way, and that once gone, texts can't come back. Then, he implied I kept too many messages and didn't need so many. Wow....text police.

Anyway, is there a fix for this? If not, everybody should be aware that they will lose this when they upgrade. The instruction is not clear.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: ICS upgrade ate texts
B33
Legend

Hey fjohn i Don't Know if this Will Work or Not But it Says it Will save Back up And Restore SMS Text:  The App is Called SMS BACK UP & RESTORE:  Here is a Link to the Google Store that shows the App Give it Try and Good Luck b33

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&hl=en

0 Likes
fjohn1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great suggestion. I have the program and would have done a backup if I had known it would eat two years of texts in mid-stream of the upgrade. I last backed up texts in late May, so I will have to decide whether to restore thos and lose almost two months of current stuff.

All should be careful.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well when these big OS's like ICS Come out and them we download them they Consume a Ton of Space and i guess in that space they need we loose Some Important things but i'm sure there is a Place a person can put things like this. I my self I guess i retain it for so Long witch is about a Month or Two and Then clear House but. But it's hard to clear House on things that are Special to Ya. That i Understand..b33Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should also check the settings for the text message application. It could be set to delete old messages. You can disable it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Ann thanks for Mentioning that i forgot about that one.! Smiley Happy b

0 Likes