ICS reboots randomly
JamesFlorida

Ever since my Razr was updated to ICS, it has been randomly rebooting.  It seems to happen mostly when I am playing media files that I have downloaded.  I've tried using several different player apps (including youtube) and it continues to happen.   Once the playback starts, the touchscreen will stop responding.  Sometimes it will play to the end and still not respond, other times it will start a repeat of several milliseconds of audio for a few seconds and then the phone reboots spontaneously. 

Less often, the phone will be sitting on my desk not being used it will just suddenly reboot.

I did not have this issue using the same apps pre-ICS, it started immediately after the update several months ago.   I've tried a couple of factory resets which did not help either.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

James

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: ICS reboots randomly
B33
Legend

Did you make Sure all your Apps are up to Date you might check that Most or all of your apps should have updated when done the Download My Maxx updated all of the apps i had before i could start using it...

0 Likes
Re: ICS reboots randomly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, JamesFlorida-

I'm sorry to learn the device has not been functioning properly for you! Making sure the applications are up-to-date is a great suggestion and can help, if applications are not compatible with the ICS update. I see that you have completed hard resets on the device. Did you reinstall your applications after each reset? If so, you might be reinstalling the same corrupt application causing these problems. I recommend performing a hard reset (http://bit.ly/PGGi5g) and installing applications slowly, maybe one each day to ensure you can catch any potential bad app. Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes