ICS Update and wish i never did!!!!!!!
rebout55

I just downloaded the update. And so far i cant stand it at all. Say goodbye to Adobe flash. If you try to use the phone like a desktop and go to any site to stream video, it will not work at all. Yes i downloaded adobe flash 11 and it still does not work.  I wish I could go back to Gingerbread. Also using the stock browser works some of the time. I have to kill it with an app killer than i can use it again. I have used dolphin browser, opera, skyfire. None of those work either. If there is a way to go back a couple of hours i would have never updated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: ICS Update and wish i never did!!!!!!!
Cody21
Master - Level 2

LOL ...   I think I mentioned "be careful what you ask for" some time ago when everyone was demanding ICS ASAP !

Ok, that aside,  can you post a link of a site that is not streaming video for you? I use DOLPHIN HD as well and so far I have yet to have any problems streaming ... Adobe FLASH *IS* supported in ICS 4.x  ...  there will be no more support for it beyond ICS (e.g., Jelly Bean probably).

0 Likes
rebout55

I use dolphin browser go to youtube click on any video and it will not play.

0 Likes
rebout55

It is any site that i want to use a desktop format for. hulu youtube you name it

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Well not sure what to tell you - working great here ..  Have you tried UNINSTALLING DOLPHIN HD & resinstalling it?  Does the YOUTUBE APP work ???  or same issues?

Otherwise a FDR might be the silver bullet for you, sorry. ..  out of ideas.

0 Likes
bevlynnbaker

You were given a choice to update? I hate the new update as well.  I WAS NOT given the choice to deny the upgrade.  I got a text saying there would be an update next week and then the update started automatically and I could not stop it.  I have had to delete most of my app's and reload them to get them to work.  my wireless feature is constantly being turned off and I manually have to go in and turn it back on everytime the phone times out.  I called Motorola tech support and they say the update cannot be taken off the phone and maybe my provider can trade me phones.  well verizon wont do that with out a charge.  as far as I am concerned this latest update is a down grade.  also just got a text saying that my data usage meter that used to update automatically now has to be clicked on to be refreshed.  what kind of an upgrade is that when i have to manually do something?

0 Likes
mithmal
Contributor - Level 1

How long have you had your phone? If its a year or less, you will be able to get another phone for no charge. As far as getting a different phone, that might be alil hard to do but if you make a fuss about it, verizon might give you a phone that Motorizon will not update to ICS.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

in your browser setting, is flash enabled? if so and it still doesn't work, i would try reinstalling flash. it is supported on ICS.

0 Likes
bevlynnbaker

thanks for the info, I will check that out once I get home with my local Verizon store.   i have had the phone since Jan 2012.  New to verizon service after leaving sprint. 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it's amazing how many folks kept posting every hour on the hour, "when's ics getting here" to the maxx, it was promised by cs rep when phone was purchased & then after the update aren't happy campers.