ICS RAZR Problem with WiFi
EWjax

After updating to ICS this morning, I now have a few issues.

1) Can no longer connect to any Wi-Fi.  Cycles between 'Connecting...' and 'Saved, Secured with WPA/WPA2'.  Same Wi-Fi network works fine with other Wi-Fi devices and did so with my RAZR before the ICS upgrade.

Things I've tried:

- Connecting via WEP

- Connecting via Open network

- Wiped out Settings (fun) and tried to connect PRIOR to downloading any apps from my Google account

Motorola Tech support wants me to send them my phone. ?????

2) Battery Life has dropped significantly.  Keeping the phone on a charger all day yielded 50% charge and once disconnected, drops like a rock.

3) There's no way to set the USB mode to Charge Only.  Therefore, I can't access my Gallery "Your media files cannot be access because your device is in USB Mass Storage Mode".

Anyone else have these issues?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: ICS RAZR Problem with WiFi
B33
Legend

One thing i Will Tell ya Don't Charge that Phone Via the Computer use the Charger that came with or get another O.E.M Motorola Charger. That Maxx needs at least 5 hours of Uninterrupted and off charging time to get it Fully charged i've had my two Maxx's long enough to know.. And as for the Wi-Fi i would Make sure your Router is Up to Date and you might try rechecking the Settings on the Phone and the Router it self.  

0 Likes
EWjax

My router firmware is current.  That didn't change.  The OS on the phone did.

It won't connect via ANY wifi router - open or secure.  It's not a config issue.  It's an OS issue.

0 Likes
radarpouch
Enthusiast - Level 1

same problem here too

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get that device working as should EWjax! Have you tried to connect to a different WiFi connection? If so, what happens? Are you currently using a task killer? If so, delete the task killer application as this may be the cause of the issue. Once deleted, connect to WiFi.

Here is a link to some tips on a longer battery life: http://bit.ly/OPqJ96

Let us know if the issue persists with the WiFi.

Lena A.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Randi1017
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm actually having an issue very close to this one.

When I get to work I set my phone to WiFi because service is low. My WiFi automatically connected to my business' router once I turned the WiFi on without problems. After the ICS update, my phone won't properly connect. It shows the bars for the WiFi connection, but anytime I access anything where it's needed (browser, Facebook, AIM messaging), it says I have no connection...I also noticed that the connection won't "lock", as in it won't turn blue once connected. I've deleted my task killers, forgot the connection and reconnected it, tried resetting the phone, and still nothing. What should I do next?

loryse
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same issue today.

0 Likes
EWjax

Motorola asked me to send my phone into repair. Wasn’t happening, so Verizon replaced the phone and I’m now up and running. There didn’t appear to be a software solution to this.

0 Likes
Randi1017
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried emailing Motorola about the issue, but the gentleman just told me I should call and gave me an incident number. Maybe I will go to a Verizon tech center today and see if they have a suggestion.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It may be a Setting Randi in your Router possibly Just asking is your Router up to Date: Take a Look at Tips No.5 and see if it helps any if Not i hope the Folks at at the Corp store can Help..b33Smiley Happy

5.  Re: Tips On How TO USE I.C.S ON RAZR / RAZR MAXX
0 Likes