ICS Changed User email settings
rborree
Enthusiast - Level 1

Beware..., the ICS upgrade changed the user email setting to "ALWAYS  Delete from Server" from my former settings of "NEVER" delete from server.  This caused me to lose all my new emails.  You have to go in an manually reset the setting.  Not a good move Verizon!!!!  Lots of folks will  lose emails they think they can access later on a diffent device (ie. PC).  Why would you ever change user settings?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: ICS Changed User email settings
bearone21
Legend

because many folks wanted the deletion from the server on the phone & not have to delete again on a pc or mac.

bottom line, you can't please everybody.

0 Likes
rborree
Enthusiast - Level 1

No..., you are missing the point..., you can please everyone!

I had my phone set up with the settings I had been using since I got my RAZR months ago..., just as everyone else had..., so why when I upgraded to a new version of Android did Verizon see fit to reset my settings????  Why not leave them as they were?????????  Why pick the most destructive and intrusive option they could have picked..., one which deleted the emails.  If they had to change people's chosen settings why not (1) TELL US THEY ARE DOING IT  (2) Pick the options that at least doesn't delete data..., for those who had the setting set as ALWAYS DELETE..., they would have realized VERIZON's choice and set the option to their desired setting (at least they wouldn't have lost information)...., this was not well thought through.  Not informing people that user options were being reset and then taking the most destructive setting was just plain and simple poor judgment on VERIZON's part.

bearone21
Legend

oh really!!!!!

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

They did this on my Incredible when Froyo came out.  The down side of that was that it would go back and sync with the server.  Seeing no email there, the email on the phone too would disappear.  Even if you had not even read the email it would disappear within minutes of coming in.  It took them a while to correct this.  But it was only corrected to leave the email there for a few days.  At least now it will only delete from the server if you delete from the phone or never.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

what email, pop3, imap or web based?

0 Likes