ICS 4g / 3g toggle
jbmvzw

Before ICS my Razr would let me choose 3g only or 3g/4g autoselection.

After ICS I see choices for LTE/3g and GSM and Global.

But I can't choose just 3g.

Typically I don't need 4g speeds and when 4g is selected my battery drains so much faster,

I tried a couple apps - but they just avoid a few keystrokes and get me to the same menu item that doesn't let me choose 3g only.

The one app (4G toggle) seems to work on a pre-ICS phone (LG Lucid) which didn't seem to have the menu selection, but its not functioning as I would have hoped on the Razr after the ICS install I did last night.....

I couldn't find a thread on this just yet - so if its already out there, please just point the way

Thank you

Labels (2)
Tags (5)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ICS 4g / 3g toggle
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Download the LTE OnOff application from the Play Store or dial *#*#INFO#*#* from your phone dialer and then select phone information. Scroll down the next screen and change the mode to CDMA auto (PRL).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Download the LTE OnOff application from the Play Store or dial *#*#INFO#*#* from your phone dialer and then select phone information. Scroll down the next screen and change the mode to CDMA auto (PRL).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jbmvzw

Thanks Ann

Lots of network selection options, once I figured out it was a drop down (up) list to pick from.- used LTE OnOff.  

Any idea why this is a buried option (not an obvious menu item or choice that a user could make)?

Then again not having options to remove junk I don't want or use such as VZ Navigator, I can see why VZ is trying to make people use more data, but not why they'd care what network option you might chose....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

BTW you can disable the bloatware with the ICS update.

Yeah it is a lot of options in the Phone Information menu, but it is best to just use the one for network mode. That way there is only a small chance to mess something up.

0 Likes