I understand new Droid Maxx update. Have not received mine yet?
Jayscott68
Enthusiast - Level 3

anyone else get one?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I understand new Droid Maxx update. Have not received mine yet?
Snn5
Legend

Verizon and Motorola are pushing an update to their 2013 line-up of DROID devices, the MAXX, Ultra, and Mini. The update is not Lollipop in any shape or form. It fixes bugs and improves stability. That’s it.

You are looking at a build number of 24.13.2 when all is said and done. The update was approved on Friday, so you should see it any day if you haven’t already.

To check for the update, head into Settings>About.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Verizon and Motorola are pushing an update to their 2013 line-up of DROID devices, the MAXX, Ultra, and Mini. The update is not Lollipop in any shape or form. It fixes bugs and improves stability. That’s it.

You are looking at a build number of 24.13.2 when all is said and done. The update was approved on Friday, so you should see it any day if you haven’t already.

To check for the update, head into Settings>About.

Owlette
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, I'm still waiting for mine.

0 Likes
ELH

Any idea when Lollipop will be pushed out to Droid Maxx??

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This is all we know:

DROID MAXX

This device will be upgraded to the Android 5 Lollipop release of Android, pending partner support.

From:  Motorola Support - Find Answers | Motorola Mobility, Inc.

0 Likes
tnolan13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I seem to be getting my update, but the thing has been downloading for the past 20 mins so far. is that normal?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Depending on the speed of your connection and the size of the download, it might be, but I honestly think 20 min for an incremental update is a bit long.  As long as the progress bar keeps moving, wait it out.

0 Likes
tnolan13
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has not moved. It still says 0%. should I cut off the wi fi and interrupt it?

0 Likes
tnolan13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turned off the wifi, it paused a moment, then speedily uploaded on 4G and is now installing. Sigh. I have had computers since 1995 and still don't completely understand them.

Snn5
Legend

Well, it was a small update so your data shouldn't be too impacted.  Hope it helps.