Re: I thought Gorilla Glass was better than this...
B33
Legend

That is Very True a Corner impact will catch and twist the Device an in doing so it's what usually does the Most Damage..

mmmom

I am so glad to read that I am not alone.  We have had the Razr since Feb and about a month ago the phone battery was not holding a charge and really heating up.  Thought it might be the Otterbox so took it off for a few days.  Phone was on charger and when we removed it, not only was the phone hot but the screen was cracked.  Sent it back to Motorola of course we must have broken it and have paid $125 plus tax to fix it and over a week later no one seems to know where my phone is or if it has been fixed. Really disappointed with Verizon, we switched to them from T-Mobile after about 15 years and I am really regretting it, if it wasn’t for the $290 cancellation fee on 5 phones we would go back now.

Verizon was no help and Motorola is even less.

0 Likes
CHRIS42060
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have never heard Corning, Verizon, or Motorola say you can drop your phone and it will be fine.  Corning states Gorilla glass will withstand and resist damage from normal daily use.  Unfortunately dropping your phone really doesn't constitute normal daily use.  Remember that although you get a smartphone for a cheaper price these are actually delicate pieces of technological equipment priced in the $500 - $800 range, and require a little bit of care.  When they say "This screen will NEVER break" then you will be more than welcome to complain. 

bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

It's just scratch resistant to a certain point. If I drop you off a two foot table I'm sure it might break your teeth too. LMAO

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

How true that is, if in a case and it hits on back front or sides pretty even it should not break and like I told someone else if I dropped them from two feet up they would break too if they land with their teeth. People are so funny when it comes to the Gorrila glass

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup.!

0 Likes
Blancoja

The Verizon name is backing the product, if you choose to put your name on a product and sell it, and that product breaks or fails to meet a standard that you assure your customers, then you should be held liable. That makes you self deprecating. In instances like mine, I pressed the power on button and the screen cracked, Verizon told me that it was a durable phone when I specifically asked on the subject,  advocating for the "Gorilla Glass and Kevlar Technology". Kevlar is supposed to stop a bullet, on the battlefield, and can't keep the under screen safe from my thumb?! That is ludicrous. Unlike this circumstance, I didn't drop it, nor did I fall, or sit on it, I simply turned it on. When I called my cable company (a service provider) about issues with a cable box, because the company choose to deal with that brand of box, they corrected it free of charge, when it failed to meet my expectations.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I am in no means saying that Verizon isn't accountable but simply pointing out that the statement about Verizon misrepresenting Gorilla Glass, I believe there was a batch of flawed glass released on the Maxx because this issue appears to be isolated to that device...

I am simply saying not to pass blame onto one person when they are not the designer.

0 Likes