I'm having trouble removing my Yahoo! e-mail account from my Motorola Razr! HELP!
brittbritt21987

I have not received any e-mails on my phone but my notification ringtone goes off every time.  I have entered my password to access my e-mail account, but it tells that I have invaild credentials.  I have also tried to remove and add the account again, but it says invalid credentials every time.  HELP!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I'm having trouble removing my Yahoo! e-mail account from my Motorola Razr! HELP!
rliebeck
Enthusiast - Level 3

Delete the Yahoo account and download the yahoo mail app from the play store.

0 Likes
Re: I'm having trouble removing my Yahoo! e-mail account from my Motorola Razr! HELP!
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

I, too, started having this problem yesterday for both my Gmail and Yahoo accounts.  In another thread, they suggested deleting these accounts and entering them as "other" rather than a Gmail or Yahoo.  Just enter your Yahoo address and it works.  I did this for both my Gmail and Yahoo accounts and it really does work.  There is a known issue with this and VZW is working to try to figure out how to correct this.  The solution is just a band aid but it does work.

0 Likes
JoeRoNa

I, also, am having trouble with my yahoo e-mail. Can't delete the account, either. Get a messages saying, "wrong credentials". Frustrating!!! Any suggestions!!? I prefer a fix...no band aids.

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

I started having this problem late last week. I deleted my account by going into accounts under settings and entering my Yahoo account. I used the band aid until the ICS update came out. Once it came out I deleted the band aid account and redid the Yahoo account and it works fine now.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
Indian
Contributor - Level 1

@drum_thumper........when you created your new Yahoo account, how did you do it?  Did you select new accounts/yahoo or new account/other or get the yahoo mail app.  I had trouble with both hotmail and yahoo mail before ICS so want to make sure I add them the right way after the update.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
I'm having trouble removing my Yahoo! e-mail account from my Motorola Razr!  HELP!
brittbritt21987

Okay, I have tried to delete my Yahoo! account but it says "invalid credentials".  I have also tried to just add another Yahoo! account but it tells me "invalid credentials" every time.  I have the ICS update already. 

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

Odd! May have to do a FR.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

A couple of days before ICS came out I started having problems with both Gmail and Yahoo!.  I deleted both and entered them both in under other.  With the ICS update, they eliminated the Gmail option and went with the Gmail app (updated app).  With ICS, I decided to try reverting back to the Yahoo! mail instead of other.  Been working ever since.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi brittbritt21987,

Not being able to remove your email account must be very inconvenient. When you get the INVALID CREDENTIALS error, the email needs to be authenticated online via a computer. Are you able to access your email account online?
If you continue to experience this issue you may need to do a factory reset http://goo.gl/252lc to resolve the issue.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes