I just want to listen to a voicemail. It just keeps showing the text of the call and of course, the phone is getting it wrong!
jb88898
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far, I'm not really a big fan of this phone.  Battery life is horrible!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I just want to listen to a voicemail. It just keeps showing the text of the call and of course, the phone is getting it wrong!
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Since the screen is the biggest issue, what are your screen brightness settings?  Under Settings/Display, you should turn on Adaptive Brightness.  I really think after the phone settles in with more use and you get used to it you will find it a much better device than any iPhone.  The network LTE/CDMA setting will also make a difference.  I don't know why they default to Global.  Just makes the phone continuously search for Global towers, which don't exist in the USA.

View solution in original post

Re: I just want to listen to a voicemail. It just keeps showing the text of the call and of course, the phone is getting it wrong!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jb88898

I am sorry you're having trouble with voicemail. See if this general link helps you out on the voicemail: http://spr.ly/6586B1FJp. Regarding your battery life, there's this helpful link: http://spr.ly/6587B1FJV

LauraD_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

The Turbo has the biggest battery of any device of its size.  What exactly do you mean by horrible battery life?  There must be some settings wrong on your phone.  How long have you had the Turbo?  In Settings/More/Cellular Networks do you have it set to LTE/CDMA as Preferred network type?  Also, some apps such as Twitter and Facebook, if set up improperly can kill your battery very fast.  I have no idea what you are talking about regarding voicemail.  What voicemail app are you using?

0 Likes
Re: I just want to listen to a voicemail.  It just keeps showing the text of the call and of course, the phone is getting it wrong!
jb88898
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok.  I've got the Voicemail thing figured out.  Thanks for the help.

As far as the battery life goes, I just switched to this Droid Turbo 1 week ago after having iPhones for years.  I thought I was having bad luck with batteries before but this one is just draining constantly.  I did make the change you suggested under networks.  Mine was set on global. What is so frustrating is that I'm not a heavy cell phone user but still have to charge this phone after 30 hours.  Previously I used to be able to go 48 without a problem.  FB and Twitter are low battery draws under my settings.  As I write this, the top battery draws are "Screen 46%, Cell standby 20% and Android OS 12%".  Any other suggestions for settings??  Thanks.

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Since the screen is the biggest issue, what are your screen brightness settings?  Under Settings/Display, you should turn on Adaptive Brightness.  I really think after the phone settles in with more use and you get used to it you will find it a much better device than any iPhone.  The network LTE/CDMA setting will also make a difference.  I don't know why they default to Global.  Just makes the phone continuously search for Global towers, which don't exist in the USA.

jb88898
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!  I have made those changes and appreciate your help.  I'll let you know how it goes!

jb88898
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also signing up for classes at Verizon.  I think that will help me, too.

0 Likes