I just bought a new Droid Turbo and the nylon backing doesn't seem right. It's crunchy, as if there is too big a gap between the phone and the nylon. Has anyone else noticed this? I hope it's not just an issue with my phone. Thanks.
smotpoker
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just bought a new Droid Turbo and the nylon backing doesn't seem right. It's crunchy, as if there is too big a gap between the phone and the nylon. Has anyone else noticed this? I hope it's not just an issue with my phone. Thanks.

Labels (2)
Re: I just bought a new Droid Turbo and the nylon backing doesn't seem right. It's crunchy, as if there is too big a gap between the phone and the nylon. Has anyone else noticed this? I hope it's not just an issue with my phone. Thanks.
Fred_Turbo

I bought the ballistic nylon Droid Turbo today as well. I did not notice any separation between the fabric and the phone. There is a definite fabric feel to it. That fabric feel is different for a phone. It feels tight.

0 Likes
Re: I just bought a new Droid Turbo and the nylon backing doesn't seem right. It's crunchy, as if there is too big a gap between the phone and the nylon. Has anyone else noticed this? I hope it's not just an issue with my phone. Thanks.
DC4000
Contributor - Level 1

The one in the store felt kind of crunchy on the bottom left (if looking at the screen side). I pushed all around it to test for that.

0 Likes
Fred_Turbo

I checked mine. No chrunchy.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey it's Good to hear there are member's that have this phone I looked at the 32GB version the Red one.!   it has an Aluminum back covered by a Red Anodizing I liked it but think I would like the Nylon one better.  But just to let one's know you have 14 Days to return the Turbo if it not working up to what it should be..

One thing I would check Look in at Droid Life, Android Center, and one's like these that do Test and report how the phone is operating and if there are any issues they see with the outer parts like the Nylon back. and if all else fail return it and have the store you bought it at get you another one..

Enjoy your phone's b33

0 Likes
B33
Legend

To Add: if you have not seen the Online Site for the Droid Turbo here it is..

From this Link you can find other Motorola Links for Accessories and Help Topics on the Droid Turbo

Droid Turbo by Motorola on Verizon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

smotpoker,

Congrats on the new phone! We definitely want to make sure your device does not have any physical damage. Have you had a chance to stop my your closest VZW store to have them take a look at the device? http://vz.to/Z26SAQ

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

smotpoker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for all the replies.  I bought it from the Verizon store in Grafton, WI, but they are almost an hour away from me so I won't be able to make it back there until next week.  We have one of the authorized retailers here called Z Wireless; would they be able to assist?  Or do I need to take it to the actual Verizon store?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking time to work with us as well! The device would have to go back to the original point of sale. The authorized retailer would not be able to complete an exchange.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
smotpoker
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just drove an hour to the store and the salesman just blew me off and said it was normal.  Very upset right now

0 Likes