I cannot access my voice mails. I can't get to voice mail either through the phone app nor the viooice mail app. When I try I get message the "can not complete call as dialed."t Any ideas?
backpack12

I cannot access my voice mails.  I can't get to voice mail either through the phone app nor the viooice mail app.  When I try I get message the "can not complete call as dialed."t  Any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I cannot access my voice mails.  I can't get to voice mail either through the phone app nor the viooice mail app.  When I try I get message the "can not complete call as dialed."t  Any ideas?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try dialing your own 10-digit number, then hitting the * key when your greeting starts (you can do this from your phone or from a landline)  Can you access your voicemail that way?  Are people able to leave you voicemail messages?

0 Likes
Re: I cannot access my voice mails.  I can't get to voice mail either through the phone app nor the viooice mail app.  When I try I get message the "can not complete call as dialed."t  Any ideas?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I thought you hit the # key to interrupt your greeting?

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

* or #, I have a hard time remembering which one it is.  Thanks for the correction, it IS the # key.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

backpack12,

Voicemails are a vital part of having a working phone. We do suggest that you look at the contact and then the number to make sure that it is *86. If you are needing to get your voicemails until then, please dial *86.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

As far as I know (and my experience has also been) that *86 works when in your home area only, and not when roaming or in extended network.  Your 10-digit phone number works in these situations, and also in your home area, so it's more universal.

0 Likes