I can not find the settings on my new Droid Turbo for my contacts list caller ID readout option or blinking light notification, where did those settings go?
PaulaW
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can not find the settings on my new Droid Turbo for my contacts list caller ID readout option or blinking light notification, where did those settings go?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I can not find the settings on my new Droid Turbo for my contacts list caller ID readout option or blinking light notification, where did those settings go?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi PaulaW!

Let's get to the bottom of this! To access Caller ID Readout:Settings>Assist>Driving or Home. Additionally, for a LED notification I suggest downloading an application from the Pay Store.

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: I can not find the settings on my new Droid Turbo for my contacts list caller ID readout option or blinking light notification, where did those settings go?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi PaulaW!

Let's get to the bottom of this! To access Caller ID Readout:Settings>Assist>Driving or Home. Additionally, for a LED notification I suggest downloading an application from the Pay Store.

AyaniB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Snn5
Legend

Turbo uses active display notifications and no LED.  You can get an app in the PLAY Store which might control the camera flash, but that will get super annoying fast and kill the battery fast as well.

PaulaW
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thank you for your assistance! But I find that driving assist doesn't readout callers id when not driving.. So this is the bottom line here is that upgrading to this "Turbo" lost me 2 highly useful and important settings from my "HD" and my "X2" That Sucks!!

0 Likes
PaulaW
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info.. I appreciate your taking the time!!  I'm not impressed with the "Turbo" rather disappointing they took away simple yet extremely useful tools!  

Snn5
Legend

I found some apps in the Play Store for Caller ID readout, but there are a lot of them, so I can't really choose for you if you decide to go a 3rd party route.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We understand you want to continue using that great feature, Paula. I have good news! Motorola actually improved that service from past phones and put it into the TalkBack feature of the Turbo. To access this service, go into Settings? Accessibility > TalkBack and switch the service on at the top right. Once you walk through the tutorial, you can go back to the initial TalkBack menu and tap settings to chose what you want the phone to read out to you, like Caller ID.

JenniferH_VZW
0 Likes
PaulaW
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you I'm looking thru all of them... Smiley Happy

PaulaW
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had that set up, it keeps stopping and I am getting frustrated. All I want is for it to tell me who is calling and light up when I miss something... I really don't think I like the enhancements yet.  lol

Re: I can not find the settings on my new Droid Turbo for my contacts list caller ID readout option
Michael211
Enthusiast - Level 2

If that's what your developers consider an"improvement", you need to FIRE your developers! 

That Talkback feature is awful! It does NOT have any way to only read out the incoming caller id as per the OP! 

I love my Droid Turbo II, but I sure do miss my Droid RAZR's "Incoming Call from xxxx! You have an Incoming Call You have an incoming Call" feature!!!!! That was the best feature Motorolla phones ever had (and if a person didn't like it they could turn it off)! Talk about a downgrade.... ughhh! 

- Michael 

0 Likes