I am having trouble with voicemail. Motorola Droid Turbo 2
baconnarwhal6

I am having trouble with voicemail. Motorola Droid Turbo 2. Two problems.

1. When I call, I am asked to put in my voice mail box number. I have tried my password, my number, and the last 4 digits of my number. None of them have worked. I don't know my voice mail box number. How do I find it?

2. I try accessing Visual Voice Mail. On the app it says, "Due to a change in your phone, we need to update your voice mail service. When we finish the update, Basic Visual Voice Mail will be provided free of charge."  I select update and subscribe to basic visual voice mail and it says that it is being activated and to please wait five minutes before opening the app again. I wait, come back, and the process starts all over again. How do I get it to finally activate?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I am having trouble with voicemail. Motorola Droid Turbo 2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@baconnarwhal6

It’s important that your callers are able to leave you voice mail messages, and that you’re able to successfully retrieve them right from your device.  I would love to help.

So that I can properly address your concerns, I need to ask you a few questions. Has your Visual Voice Mail application ever worked on this device? Is this a newly activated device? Are you currently in a Verizon Wireless coverage area? When you dial *86 from your handset, are you able to access your voice mail inbox? Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mike64646

I am experiencing the same issue with my new Motorola Droid Turbo 2....I got the same message about installing.. I get a pop up that says i have a VM and i should install visual voice mail...everytime i have tried (dozen maybe?) the loading icon just spins and nothing happens.I've let it try to install for 30 minutes a few times....still no go. 

Has your Visual Voice Mail application ever worked on this device? No this is the first attempt to install it.

Is this a newly activated device? It is a new device and recently activated.

Are you currently in a Verizon Wireless coverage area? Yes

When you dial *86 from your handset, are you able to access your voice mail inbox? Yes.

Please advise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mike64646,
I rely on my voicemail to catch all the things that I can’t, so not having it would be a huge concern for me. Let’s work on this together to see what is going on. I appreciate you sharing those additional details with us. Let’s find out one more piece of information, what is your zip code?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
baconnarwhal6

The Visual Voice Mail worked during the trial time when I got the phone.

I activated this device just this past October of 2015.

I am in Verizon area.

When I dial *86, it leads me to my voicemail but then asks me for my box

number, which I can't figure out and then can't continue.

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 6:25 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
steve101
Contributor - Level 1

Baccarwhal6 you will need to call support for this one. If it is asking for your box number it is miss provisioned. removing the VVM feature and switching to basic Voice mail Power cycle of the device and readding the VVM should clear it up. if not a re sync with billing will fix it, I don't know how much the verizon customer service reps can do here, but usually it takes a tier 2 tech to do that.

0 Likes
steve101
Contributor - Level 1

OH and VVM requires a cellular data connection to work correctly.

0 Likes