How will I know If my phone has the I.C.S.
CS_Baldwin

I got my Droid Razr Maxx yesterday.  I connected my live.com and gmail.com with the stock email app and worked great.  Till this morning when I woke up and it says my settings needed to be fixed.  Now it keeps saying on both when I reenter my password that I have "Invalid Credentials".  Anyone know whats up? 

Also, how do I know if I have this Ice Cream Sandwich thing... and what does the I.C.S. really stand for?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How will I know If my phone has the I.C.S.
chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

CS_Baldwin, one way you can tell if you got Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) is to go into your Settings and check the Android Operating System number that you have.  The way you do this is by touching the first button at the lower left of your phone.  It looks like three lines.  Do this from your home screen.  Then touch Settings.  Scroll down to the bottom to About Phone and select it.  The sixth piece of information will be your Android version.  If you have gotten Ice Cream Sandwich, it should read 4.0.4.  If not, it will probably say 2.3.6.  The Ice Cream Sandwich update is supposed to be coming to us starting today, but it will take some time to get to everyone, so do not worry if you do not get it today.  I hope this is helpful to you!  Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

wkavan02
Contributor - Level 1

ICS = Ice Cream Sandwich.

Your phone will prompt you to install an update, which will take some time. Then it will be finished. That's when you will have "the I.C.S." Unless that has already happened, then your Invalid Credentials issue isn't ICS-related, since you don't yet have ICS.

0 Likes
chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

CS_Baldwin, one way you can tell if you got Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) is to go into your Settings and check the Android Operating System number that you have.  The way you do this is by touching the first button at the lower left of your phone.  It looks like three lines.  Do this from your home screen.  Then touch Settings.  Scroll down to the bottom to About Phone and select it.  The sixth piece of information will be your Android version.  If you have gotten Ice Cream Sandwich, it should read 4.0.4.  If not, it will probably say 2.3.6.  The Ice Cream Sandwich update is supposed to be coming to us starting today, but it will take some time to get to everyone, so do not worry if you do not get it today.  I hope this is helpful to you!  Smiley Happy

Cody21
Master - Level 2

When and where are you seeing "Invalid Credentials"? Specifically what app are you logging in with?  99% of the time that is because of a wrong login ID or Password.

0 Likes
CS_Baldwin

I am using the app that came pre-installed with my Razr Maxx.  It has a white envelope with a red stamp in it with the "@" symbol on it.  It just says "Email" underneath it.  I installed both my emails, live.com and gmail.com onto it yesterday.  This morning I opened it and when it tried to refresh it said I had to fix the settings.  I entered the correct password and it said Invalid Credentials.  It did the same thing on both emails.  I went on a computer and signed out of both emails and back on using same username and password and it worked correctly.  There is something wrong with the Verizon servers and that app.  I dont want to download another after market email app.. I want to use the one that is SUPPOSED to work.

0 Likes
cywelchjr

When that happens that way it generally means that someone is trying to hack your email account and they block access from the phone app until you log on from a computer. There should be a separate gmail app for your gmail address from your live.com email address, normally gmail isn't accessed through the main email app, but rather through the gmail app which is specially made ONLY for gmail, and for live.com there is the hotmail app which is the recommended app as it is designed and built by microsoft (actually for them) to use with live.com and hotmail.com and is the most integrated, the built-in app is a generic app that just kind of works with most email servers, but isn't optimized for any of them, unlike the hotmail app which is optimized for live.com/hotmail.com.

0 Likes
B33
Legend
0 Likes