How to switch between calls / call waiting??
permutations
Enthusiast - Level 2

I discovered tonight that I can't figure out how to switch between calls on this phone when a call waiting call comes in. I tried pressing the big red button in front of me (I was so rattled, I don't remember what it said), and ended up disconnecting both calls. The next time it happened, I tried pressing the words "Switch calls" above the big red button, but that did nothing.

It's not documented in the manual and it's not in the help file and it's not mentioned on the Motorola Web site or the Verizon Web site. Perhaps because I'm the only one who can't figure this out?? Could someone please clue me in?

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to switch between calls / call waiting??
permutations
Enthusiast - Level 2

Someone in Live Chat on the Motorola site pointed me to the answer, and it's unbelievable. There is an interactive demo here:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5993

That long red bar that you touch to hang up when you're on a call? You LONG CLICK it to switch calls. That's right folks - short click = hang up, long-click = switch calls, and the documentation is buried. It's not anywhere on the Verizon site, nor phone's manual, nor the phone's Help file.

Who came up with this horrible design - Google or Motorola? In Android 2.3 (at least on my Droid X), there were two lovely buttons, Answer and Ignore. Much better.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
permutations
Enthusiast - Level 2

P.S. I'm running ICS 4.0.3 - I haven't installed the upgrade to Jelly Bean.

0 Likes
permutations
Enthusiast - Level 2

Someone in Live Chat on the Motorola site pointed me to the answer, and it's unbelievable. There is an interactive demo here:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5993

That long red bar that you touch to hang up when you're on a call? You LONG CLICK it to switch calls. That's right folks - short click = hang up, long-click = switch calls, and the documentation is buried. It's not anywhere on the Verizon site, nor phone's manual, nor the phone's Help file.

Who came up with this horrible design - Google or Motorola? In Android 2.3 (at least on my Droid X), there were two lovely buttons, Answer and Ignore. Much better.

0 Likes