How to fix my Turbo?
JoMaWa

Turbo had water spilled on it. It dried.  Now when I try to power it on a black screen with battery shape appears and blinks off and on. Sim card was taken out and air dried. It came on once to the main dcreen. Now the black screen with battery. Every now the Motorola icon comes on. When someone calls my phone it goes to voice mail. Can I fix this myself?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How to fix my Turbo?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How long did you let the phone dry? Hopefully it was in a sealed bag of uncooked rice for 24-48 hours or more.

Otherwise, it might be fried. Water damage would void an warranty on it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: How to fix my Turbo?
FalconRaider

Besides rice, you could try some "drying granules" that you can find at a crafts store.  First, I took my wet phone apart and blew it as dry as I could with a can of compressed air.  Then I sealed my old phone in a bag full of that stuff for a week (took it apart first, removed battery and dried it, too, in the same stuff, etc).  After drying in the granules for a week, I used a can of compressed air and blew everything out, reassembled everything and it worked! 

0 Likes