How to backup photos downloaded from emails or texts
refsmom1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I see Google+ is backing up photos taken from my Droid Razr's camera.  My question is,  Can anyone make a suggestion as to how to back up photos received in emails & texts? Is it possible for the photos to automatically be saved on the sd card and backed up to a web storage? I've lost pictures before when a sd card was not readable for some reason so I really would like to be sure they are also saved somewhere else.  Hope someone can help.  Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How to backup photos downloaded from emails or texts
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

Yes.

The pics/attachements downloaded from apps (email, texts, web) go into the Downloads folder (if I remember correctly, mnt/sdcard/Downloads). Now, you need to go into the settings for whatever backup method you use (such as backup assistant+, dropbox etc), and add this folder to the list folders to backup.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for contacting us, refsmom1! I also have a Droid Razr so I am familiar with exactly what you are wanting to do. When you receive a text or email attachment, you can press & hold on the file and it will let you know that it is saving. It will also let you know what file on the SD card of folder  that is saving to.
Once the item has saved, go to Files>Recent>Tap recent and you will see the various folders the images are saved to.
From time to time I have also forwarded the images to my email address so I can save them to the computer.
I love taking pictures with my phones and if something happens to my phone, I'd like to have them saved elsewhere.
Happy picture saving!

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
refsmom1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for your response.  What I was really trying to figure out is how to save files and photos people have sent to me in a way other than in my phones internal storage or sd card. Like a web storage where the photos and files will be backed up in case my phone dies or sd card becomes corrupt.

Shelley

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

Shelley - I have described how to do that exactly in my post. First, I pointed out WHERE the "saved" pics go in the phone. Second, HOW to back up this folder.

0 Likes