How to Fix Text Message 'Sending' Error
NAYARIA

I have a Motorola Droid Turbo and I have an issue with the normal messaging system on the phone.  (NOT Message+).

More often than not, when I send a text message, I get the 'Sending' note with the little red triangle by it.  It does not indicate the message has actually been sent.  However, the people do receive my message.  Unfortunately, I don't know it even sent until they tell me, because the 'Sending' note never changes - it indicates the message is still sending even hours later.

Is there a way to fix this?  I've already cleared data on both the GBoard and Message App.

Thank you!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How to Fix Text Message 'Sending' Error
tylerk_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hey there! I definitely want to ensure your texts are going through correctly. Do you believe this icon you're seeing is due to a previously unable to send? To expand on that question, are there errors in every thread, or do some not have this display? Can you try sending yourself a message to verify if this occurs on every message?

0 Likes
NAYARIA

I am so sorry, I did not know anyone had answered this.  I am still here and still having the message problem.

it seems to happen randomly, though it's now happening more frequently.  I thought perhaps it was just on the first message sent, but now it'll suddenly start doing it in the middle of a conversation.  I just had it happen three times in a row with one person.  It does happen with multiple contacts. 

I can't imagine it would be tied into a 'previously unable to send' because from what I can tell, all of my messages are being replied to (at least the ones that need replying).

I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I will check this more often or try to find a way to get notifications so I see replies.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have a great experience with your text messages, NAYARIA. You indicate that you only experience this issue with the native text messaging app on your phone but not with the Message+ application (http://spr.ly/6589DKONP).

If you are not experiencing issues with the Message+ application, is there any particular reason why you don’t use the Message+ application as your default messaging application? Doing this will resolve your messaging concerns.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MSWaim

I am having the same problem with my Moto G. I texted someone 12 hours ago and it still says sending. I texted two other numbers after that and they do not still say sending. The one that says sending has a photo attached. I tried to delete, but the two options are to either delete the contact of to delete all text messages to and from everyone. I also tried to turn my phone off and on again and that did not stop the "sending".

0 Likes
LARSOU81

Verizon should tell customers that the Sending notification means their texts have been sent to the server but, the recipient may not actually ever receive the message you sent in their lifetime. I am done with Verizon. If I send a text message to anyone, it takes forever. I send a text to a family member, who is on my plan, and it can take hours for it to actually show up on their phone.

I hope AT&T/Sprint/TMobile/Comcast have a better system because Verizon is convincing me through their poor service to find another vendor.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LARSOU81

We want to do our best to keep you connected to your friends and family, via text message. Are you using a text messaging application or the messaging feature on your phone? Do you experience this issue in one particular area or everywhere that you go? Is your device connected to Wi-Fi or our cellular data network when you have this problem? 

For more device support, click the link below: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/ 

LasinaJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bunky67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just started having the same problem this week & HAVE been using verizon's message + so that won't fix the issue.  It's happened in different areas of town on wifi AND on network. Also still having problems receiving texts for a year & 1/2. I'll wait for hours, check again before I go to bed, waiting on a response from somebody. Nothing...then the next morning or later in the day I'll get a notification or just decide to open the app & boom! 3 or 4 texts come at once, saying they were sent hours befor or right after my text the height before

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A year and a half with these issues are unacceptable! We'd love the opportunity to help you get to the bottom of these problems, and in doing so, we'd like to ask some questions. Which make and model device do you have? Are these regular SMS messages or MMS messages?

AbrahamS_VZW

0 Likes
JeffWhiteAZ
My wife's phone had the same problem. On a chat session w Verizon, we went through various iterations of tests with Message & Message+. The problem got fixed, but the explanation was not too illuminating:

"This could have been a miscommunication between the device and the network for picture messaging. This can happen since they change towers and also between network and wi-fi for service." 

In response to my query on what do we do if it happens again?

Just make sure that your phone is able to connect to the internet and it it is happening on both applications. If it is on both applications, just contact us to that we can sync them with billing. "

So this sounds like a somewhat random error that Verizon has to correct on a case-by-case basis.
Best bet then is to contact Verizon if the problem occurs with both messaging apps and Internet connections are OK.
0 Likes