Re: How do you stop or remove Backup Assistant?
Xrocool

Not been a android user long but this was a Duh moment.

You were correct and I had just did all this but was still not sure it I had done anything that would make a difference.

Just reading this reply assured me I had.

Thanks for the proper and great input.

0 Likes
harilor

To the original post,

I'm having the same issue and am pulling my hair out.  My problem, is that I don't have a smart phone, I just "upgraded" to a regular phone with the intent to save on data (which, it didn't turns out...but that's another story).  I'm trying to run the cheapest I can so have a limited data plan.  However, this stupid backup assistant keeps backing up 5-6 times a day and I can't turn it off, and its running against my data plan. None of the options allow me to change the sync scheduled, or stop the app from syncing.  I just want to stop the dang thing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

harilor,

We're here to help! I understand how important it is to save on your data plan; I appreciate you being proactive. Backup Assistant is a free service and will not use your data to back up your contacts on a basic phone. However, if you'd like to adjust the syncing schedule, all you have to do is reset the application http://vz.to/1hMhPKQ ;once you do this and open the application, you will have a choice to select the schedule you want.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wildabouthockey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know this is an old thread, but here's what you do:

Switch your phone to 4g

Go to Settings

Click on Backup Assistant Plus

Click on Contacts

Uncheck "Sync Contacts"

The sync will not work over Wi-Fi, so that's why it says it fails. It also will not let you uncheck the sync when you are on Wi-Fi, so that is why you have to change to 4g first.

Hope this helps!