How do I unlock my phone using touchless control by speaking my PIN?
idgyedgy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just recently got my Droid Maxx & I am enjoying most of the features. I have set up & trained the launch phrase "Ok Google Now".  I have set a PIN code for security to unlock the phone.  I have the box checked that says "Speak PIN to unlock".  But it still won't unlock by voice. I still have to type in my PIN, which can be dangerous while driving. When I say "Ok Google Now, unlock phone" I get the launch phrase sound (so I know it heard me), but then the PIN pad appears.  If I type in my PIN, then it goes to a google search screen that has lists of articles & web pages about "unlocking phone". 

What am I doing wrong?  What do I need to do to get my phone to unlock by speaking my PIN?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How do I unlock my phone using touchless control by speaking my PIN?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
idgyedgy,

Help is here! I definitely want you to be able to use all the functions on your phone. Have you ever been able to unlock your phone using touch less controls http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-85358/? What software version are you running http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-83028/?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
idgyedgy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for your response.  I have not been able to unlock my phone using touchless controls since I got the phone last week.  I have done the train launch phrase & have all of the necessary boxes checked.  And I'm able to use touchless control for all of the other options, just not unlock my phone by speaking PIN.

I am using system version 24.3.7.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US

The touchless control version is 4.3.14.1 (a6a382a)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello idgyedgy!

I'm eager to help you with your touchless controls. I found a resource on Motorola's website that will help, since it offers visual aids and shows you the steps on how to train it to learn your voice:  http://bit.ly/1O0Fvid

ChristinaB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
idgyedgy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you, but I have already followed all of those steps.  Everything works except for unlocking my phone by speaking the PIN. I didn't find anything on the link you shared that explains how to get that function to work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm glad to see that all works now idgyedgy! I want the touchless feature to work for you also! Please visit this link http://spr.ly/6587fVgX and make sure that you tap on Train Launch Phrase at step number 4.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
idgyedgy
Enthusiast - Level 3

My original problem, unlocking my phone by speaking PIN, DOES NOT work.  Nothing has changed.

I have had the touchless controls set up since I got the phone & it has worked except for unlocking my phone by speaking PIN. 

Here is a screenshot, showing that it's all set up correctly, but I still cannot unlock my phone by speaking the PIN.  How do I correct this problem? 

Touchless Control Screenshot.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I regret that we misunderstood you, idgyedgy! Let's continue to work this matter. Please confirm the software version of  your device. Go to Settings> About phone> Build number. Post the number here, please!

DionM_VZW
0 Likes
idgyedgy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks,

The build number is SU6-7

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
idgyedgy, Thank you so much for those details. I want to make sure we get this feature working to unlock your phone with a pin. Looks like everything is up to date. I would like to see if we can try to clear the app cache on this feature. Can you please go into Settings, Apps, Slide the screen to the left to the ALL section, scroll through to locate "Touchless Control" and do force stop, clear data, and clear cache. Then exit out to go back to the main screen. Then go back into settings, touchless control and re-try setting it back up for us and re-test. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes