How do I recover deleted videos if my device has been backed up?
murmurzz
Enthusiast - Level 1

My hubby recently bought himself a new phone and gave me his old Droid Razr - I personalized the phone with my info but never did a backup - I'm assuming he did backup his info at some point.

Here's the issue: I was using my phone last night, everything was a-ok, I plugged it in to charge and went to bed. I awake this morning to find that the phone has reset itself back to factory settings. It even started me with a tutorial about setting my new phone up. I lost all contacts, apps I had downloaded and, most importantly, pics and vids of my kids (including one of my baby learning to walk).

Please please tell me that there is a way to recover my phone back to where it was. I've been looking around in settings but I can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone deleted everything
Snn5
Legend

If you wanted to return the phone to the state he had it in, apps, app settings, that kind of thing, then you'd need to log into the phone with his Google Account.  You need your own Google account on the phone.  Keeps it simple and from getting mixed up.  One account per phone.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

If the phone reset itself, and nothing was backed up, then all is erased.  Typically though, backgrounds and personalizations aren't backed up anyway.

0 Likes
murmurzz
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK, but what if he backed up at some point - how could I return the phone to that point at least?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you wanted to return the phone to the state he had it in, apps, app settings, that kind of thing, then you'd need to log into the phone with his Google Account.  You need your own Google account on the phone.  Keeps it simple and from getting mixed up.  One account per phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

murmurzz, I would be just as concerned if this happened to me as well, as it sounds like there were some very memorable events saved. We definitely want to make sure that we do all we can to help recover this data.

Just in case, please sign in here, as well as have your husband try signing in to My Verizon using this link : http://vz.to/1cKrH67 -This leads to the Verizon Cloud, and will let you see if anything was backed up. Hopefully your photos/older photos are found through here.

Snn5 is correct in that there is usually no way to recover data once it has been deleted, unfortunately. However, do you know if you had a memory card in the Razr? If yes, and nothing else has been saved to it, you can always Google Recovery software and use a program to attempt to recover your data.

We cannot recommend any software, and mileage may vary, but it is worth a shot.

Please keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes