How do I place an app on my home screen? When I press on the screen all I get is the choice to work on wallpaper. My updated my map app and now I cannot put it on the home screen.
leddilecila
0 Likes
Re: How do I place an app on my home screen? When I press on the screen all I get is the choice to work on wallpaper. My updated my map app and now I cannot put it on the home screen.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

From the list of apps, long-press the one you want on your home screen; it should then switch to your home screen, and you can move the app wherever you want ... 'let go' of the app to place it.

Re: How do I place an app on my home screen? When I press on the screen all I get is the choice to work on wallpaper. My updated my map app and now I cannot put it on the home screen.
AZSALUKI
Legend

do what tikibar1 said, and move it all the way to the edge of the screen if you want to scroll to the other screens before you drop it where you want it.

0 Likes
leddilecila

It does not work - the only that that I can place is the new beta navigation ap. the map app will not engage when I hold it down

0 Likes
leddilecila

I wish it worked - i have read many websites on this matter - no one has this issue but I updated the map app and then the icon was gone and i cannot get it back

0 Likes
leddilecila

map is not even a choice of an app - only "directions and navigation" which is a short cut to a location on a map. i tried to uninstall the update but it did not restore the old map icon

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling

0 Likes
leddilecila

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=37669#makechanges

apps DOWNLOADS frequent version of MAP icon IS engageable - comment 22 on the link

0 Likes