How do I permanently save voice messages from my device?
dennisthemenis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to permanently save some voice messages from my phone. I've been looking for an answer as to how I'm going to be able to do this. I want them saved on a different media so I can erase them off my phone.

The voice messages are proof for something. Will I be able to download them to a thumb drive or even into my email somehow?

I would appreciate any feedback.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I want to save some voice messages.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

See Voice Mail Archival at this link:

Voice Mail FAQs | Verizon Wireless

rcschnoor
Legend

Are you using Verizon's voicemail system? If so, it will most likely cost you some money to have these messages saved.

From Verizon's voicemail help pages

"Can I have a permanent copy made of a Voice Mail message?Yes, permanent copies of your Voice Mail messages can be made in many ways but you can have CBW Productions, Inc. make a copy for you at a minimal fee. Go to CBW Productions and select the format you wish to use for your message archive. This is not a Verizon Wireless service and before any Voice Mail messages can be copied, you must register with CBW. If you do not have Internet access, you can contact CBW directly and place a phone order Monday through Thursday between 9am - 5pm EST and Friday 10am - 4pm at (800) 770-8046 or (877) 244-3222.Note: In order to have a copy of your message(s) made, you will be asked to provide CBW Productions, Inc. with your mobile phone number and Voice Mail password so they can access your mailbox. The message(s) you wish to have copied MUST still be present in your voice mailbox. If a message has already been deleted, it cannot be retrieved or copied. Your Voice Mail messages cannot be enhanced; therefore, any copies will be exactly what you hear in your mailbox; if the message that was left for you is garbled, the copy of the message will be as well. This archival service is not available for SMS (text) messages. CBW also provides Notary services for Voice Mail messages that are being archived.Back to top

How much does it cost to have a message copied?Messages saved as MP3 files and delivered via email*

Cost = $10.00 for the first message, and $5.00 for each additional message.

*Due to firewall restrictions, etc., there is a limit of 10 messages per mobile phone number, and no more than 10 minutes recording time, per month for MP3 delivery. Orders will be processed within five business days from the time that the order is placed, excluding weekends and all holidays.
Messages saved to CD or cassette

From the time you place your order, your CD or cassette will be recorded and shipped to you within five business days, excluding weekends and all holidays.

Number of Messages Cost
1-3 $18.00
4-6 $28.00
7-10 $38.00
11-21 $53.00
22$58.00
Each additional message above 22 messages$5.00

Additional Information:

1. All prices listed above include CD or cassette tape and do not include shipping. USPS First Class mail with Delivery Confirmation, USPS Priority Mail, USPS Express Mail & FedEx is available upon request and requires additional shipping charges.
  2. There is no longer a limit on how many messages we can record for a customer.
  3. Maximum recording time per cassette is 50 minutes; for CD is 60 minutes.
  4. Message recordings in excess of 60 minutes will incur additional processing fees of $100 per hour (billed in 15-minute increments).
  5. Notary letters = $20 per order (one notarized letter will be sent and will cover all messages archived as part of that order).
  6. Rush service is available for an additional cost of $20.00 which will place your order to be the next in line to be recorded, rush delivery options are also available for an additional cost."

Of course, if you are using a different voicemail service such as Google Voice or Youmail, you can simply save the MP3 file.

Another option would be to use a jack going from your phone to your computer to record the voicemail as it is playing on your handset.

Good luck.

rcschnoor
Legend

Boy, that is soooooo much shorter than mine.

dennisthemenis
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank you sooooooooooooo much! I do appreciate it the trouble you went through to copy and paste that long answer!!

0 Likes
dennisthemenis
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you very much for the link as well! I was hoping for a free Verizon fix, but this will do. Appreciate you guys answering so quickly too! I thought it would take days.

0 Likes