How do I perform a factory reset and what will I lose by doing so?
KDHURLEY
Enthusiast - Level 1

Firstly, how do I go about doing a factory reset? Second, how much will I lose? I let a friends son play with my phone a few days ago and things like my "keyboard" are gone. I think it's just google apps that are missing.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: factory reset
Snn5
Legend

If they are just Google apps, you can re-download and install from Play Store, but you're right...could be all manner of things modified.  These are the instructions for a factory reset.  You will lose everything unless you back up your pictures and files things you want to keep to your computer or a cloud service.  Your contacts should stay with your Google account as will your apps so that when you reboot and set up the contacts and apps will return and all you have to to is put your backed up files from the cloud or PC back onto the phone.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/95414/p/30,6720,8882

Scroll down a little to External Reset.  That's what Motorola calls it.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

If they are just Google apps, you can re-download and install from Play Store, but you're right...could be all manner of things modified.  These are the instructions for a factory reset.  You will lose everything unless you back up your pictures and files things you want to keep to your computer or a cloud service.  Your contacts should stay with your Google account as will your apps so that when you reboot and set up the contacts and apps will return and all you have to to is put your backed up files from the cloud or PC back onto the phone.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/95414/p/30,6720,8882

Scroll down a little to External Reset.  That's what Motorola calls it.

B33
Legend

As an Added suggestion to Snn5: If your wanting to do an F.R. Do only the Reset if there's option to clear Internal Storage leave that unchecked as you could loose your Pictures and things you have in it.. Doing a normal F.R. you should be fine. b33