How do I move my apps from my droid x to my maxx?
nmclock

I replaced my x with a maxx.  My old sim card is the same as the new one in the maxx, so the tech just placed it in the new maxx.  Previously, I backed up my apps onto the sd card using Astra file manager, but when I look for the backup file using my maxx, it doesn't show up. My music, photos, etc are there but no apps. I still have the x with all of the apps installed. And when I put the sim card back into the x, the backup folder appears.

Can I plug the two phones into my pc and drag and drop?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How do I move my apps from my droid x to my maxx?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The apps didn't redownload when you signed into your google account on the Maxx?  Also restoring the apps from Astro won't restore the market links so you won't receive app updates.

0 Likes
nmclock

No, the apps didn't redownload, and I am signed in. Thanks for the tip on the Astro, I'll probably have to download from the app store again. Only a few are paid, and I'll shoot them an email. Shame about all those high scores...

Thanks again.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you won't have to email them. if you go to the play store on your new phone and select "my apps" from the menu, everything that you've downloaded on that google account will be in a list. everything that you've bought through googel will show as "purchased" and you can just download it. for any other app (from 3rd party developers or from amazon app store) will have to be aqcuired by those other places.

0 Likes