How do I download photos from my new device to my computer?
SUSGUT25

Late last year I upgraded my Motorola Droid smartphone to a newer version and now I can't download the photos on my phone to my computer even though I purchased the corresponding data cable. When I connect up using the cable and a USB port I can only see the name of the phone but no folders or files. I used to be able to transfer photos easily from my phone to my computer and now it doesn't work.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I download photos from a new Motorola Droid to my computer?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phone updated to the Marshmallow operating system, the default USB mode is now charging only.  Once you connect the phone and computer with the USB cable, pull down the phone's notification shade, tap where it says USB for Charging (you may need to scroll down to see it, depending on how many notifications you have open), and change it to File Transfer

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I download photos from a new Motorola Droid to my computer?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phone updated to the Marshmallow operating system, the default USB mode is now charging only.  Once you connect the phone and computer with the USB cable, pull down the phone's notification shade, tap where it says USB for Charging (you may need to scroll down to see it, depending on how many notifications you have open), and change it to File Transfer

0 Likes