How do I apply different notifications for email and text on Droid Turbo?
greger9456
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Droid Turbo and when I apply a sound to notifications it is used for both texts and emails. How do I use a different tone for each?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I apply different notifications for email and text on Droid Turbo?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I opened the Text Messaging app and clicked on the top right corner (three dots) and hit Settings. Scroll down to Notifications and Sound just underneath.  Change your sound ringtone to whatever you decide.

For email, go into the email app and select the Menu at the Top left and select Settings near the bottom of that list. Select the Email account you wish to change (if you have more than one, you can customize each email account) Scroll down under Notification settings and Choose Ringtone and select whatever sound you want.

That should help you with sounds, and you can also change other apps in this manner. I hope this helps.

Doc

View solution in original post

StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I opened the Text Messaging app and clicked on the top right corner (three dots) and hit Settings. Scroll down to Notifications and Sound just underneath.  Change your sound ringtone to whatever you decide.

For email, go into the email app and select the Menu at the Top left and select Settings near the bottom of that list. Select the Email account you wish to change (if you have more than one, you can customize each email account) Scroll down under Notification settings and Choose Ringtone and select whatever sound you want.

That should help you with sounds, and you can also change other apps in this manner. I hope this helps.

Doc

greger9456
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Doc.....

StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Glad this worked out for you. If you don't mind, please mark this thread as answered, so others with this similar problem will know about it. Thanks for helping make this Community great!

Doc

0 Likes