How do I access the photos on my device from my computer?
CanoeBill
Enthusiast - Level 1

After last system update on my Droid Turbo I can no longer see my phone's memory as a drive on my computer. Need to transfer some photos from my phone to computer and cannot do it now. Any idea what happened and how to get to my photos from my computer?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Copying Photos
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the Marshmallow update, the default USB mode is now charging only.  Whenever you connect the phone and computer with the USB cable, you'll need to pull down the phone's notification shade, tap where it says USB for Charging, and change it to File Transfer.

Move Pictures / Videos from Device - DROID TURBO by Motorola | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the Marshmallow update, the default USB mode is now charging only.  Whenever you connect the phone and computer with the USB cable, you'll need to pull down the phone's notification shade, tap where it says USB for Charging, and change it to File Transfer.

Move Pictures / Videos from Device - DROID TURBO by Motorola | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Annie_731

Is there a way to override this? My phone took a pretty nasty fall, and now my screen is shot and unresposive. I have tried plugging in the phone to access my photos and videos from my PC but have been unable to do so. I have a samsung s7, will be getting a new phone this week but I really would like to retrieve my photos. The phone still works I can receive calls with my headsets, but I can't use the screen.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

While this would not help for the photos already in your account, in the future you may want to have your photos automatically back up to an online service. Google photos is one such service. For Pixel phones, it has unlimited online storage for full resolution photos. For other phone makes, it offers unlimited storage at a reduced resolution.

0 Likes