How can you mass delete contacts?
androidanimal

When I got this phone, my Verizon Cloud dropped all kinds of junk contacts into the new Turbo 2.  I can only see how to delete contacts one at a time, both on the phone and the cloud (lame).  How can I mass delete contacts on this phone?  On the Galaxy S5, you could click as many names as you wanted, then press Delete.  Not finding that here.  Help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How can you mass delete contacts?
carolforcommunity
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sure hope someone has an answer to this, just noticed this on my phone as well.  And there are 12 listings for me!!!  I'm pretty sure I know how to contact me without that 🙂

It's making it virtually impossible to find who I need to actually talk to.

I just noticed this today and I've had my phone for several months, wonder if some upgrade to operating system or Verizon Cloud caused.

0 Likes
carolforcommunity
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found one way to do it (hope it sticks after any synching)

On windows 7 desktop, firefox browser,

logged into MyVerizon, then selected My Devices, and My Cloud Media & Contacts from the dropdown.

This loaded up  my Cloud storage

Go to contacts section.

In upper right (below Feedback and Download, at the top of the contacts listing, there are 5 circular buttons.

One of them turns on multi-select. and you will see the button expands into an oblong shape

Go select the contacts you want to delete, then return to the oblong shape and click on the three vertical dots to show a menu of options.  Delete Contact will be one of them.  Select it and you will delete all the contacts selected.

Now let's keep our fingers crossed that they don't resynch from somewhere, they look like stuff from my linkedin account.

0 Likes
androidanimal

Hello!  I tried to do that twice, but nothing ever deletes.  It gets stuck with the spinning cursor and nothing ever happens. WAHHH!

0 Likes
3dawgs

worked for me thanks

0 Likes