How can I stop certain apps from automatically updating?
rescuetink

How can I stop certain apps from automatically updating?  I knew how to do this on my old gZone Commando!

I have a bunch of apps that Verizon loaded that I don't use and I don't want them to continually update. 

Thanks!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How can I stop certain apps from automatically updating?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The setting to turn off automatic app updates is found in the Play Store settings. You can also disable the applications you never intend to use through the Apps settings in the main phone settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rescuetink

Thanks Ann!!  I figured out most of this, but there's some apps you can't disable.  I have apps such as Google Play Books that I don't use and it doesn't give me the option to disable it,  and when I try and uninstall the updates it just asks if I want to replace the app, which I don't, and if I hit cancel instead of ok it doesn't seem to uninstall the updates either.

Thanks for the help!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rescuetink, our manufacturer friends that built and designed your device added those wonderful applications to your device. You have the option of removing these updates by accessing the Settings>Manage Apps>tap the App>Uninstall updates. I hope these steps are helpful to you. Click http://bit.ly/y5iuoj for more support for your device.

Lasina_H
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes