How can I get to home screen from car dock menu when an app is running?
bbub
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just upgraded to the RAZR MAXX from a Droid 2 Global.

When the phone is mounted in the car dock and an app is running (Navi, Music, etc.), how can you get to the main home screen of the phone rather than the car dock menu?

Follow me......

* Phone is mounted in Car Dock.

* If there are NO apps running, pressing the BACK key from within the Car Dock Menu takes you directly to the Home screen.

However.....

* Phone is mounted in Car Dock.

* Navigation(or any app, for that matter) is running.

* Pressing MENU key takes me to Car Dock Menu.

* There's no exit option available to exit from car dock menu.

* Pressing BACK key takes you back to the app that's running, not the home screen.

* Long press of HOME key only takes you to an app list screen, not home screen.

* Only way to get to home screen is to repeatedly press the BACK button exiting out of the Car Dock Menu and cancelling all apps that are currently running.

On my Droid 2, I was able to quickly exit the Car Dock Menu simply by pressing the BACK or exit button, regardless of which or how many apps were running. They would still run in the background, showing on the status bar.

Anyone know of a work around? I couldn't find any settings to change within the Car Dock menu to change this. Stopped by three Verizon stores and they all say we have to be missing something, as they couldn't figure it out either. One rep told me it was a new "nanny" feature so that you couldn't access your apps while driving, however when I pointed out that you could access the home screen if no apps were running, he wasn't sure what to say.

Any help?

Labels (2)
0 Likes