How can I decrease photo file size?
BKKPRGAL

My pictures always turn out ENORMOUS!  I download them to my computer and when I open them all I see is the very top left corner, it's so large I can't see the whole picture on my monitor.  I scaled one down by 50% and it was still too large.

I've looked in the camera's settings and there is no option to change file size.  I've looked through the manual and there are no options.

It seems pretty ridiculous that it would default to a 3936x5248 7MB photo size.  HELP!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How can I decrease photo file size?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a head scratcher for sure, but we'll work on this together. If there is a way to adjust this, it would likely be in one of two places. Either within the settings of the camera itself, or when you go to save the photo or send it, it should ask the size you want to send. When you go into your camera settings, what options to do you see?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BKKPRGAL

Thank you for offering to help!

When I open the camera, the options I have are:

• HDR - auto, on, off  (it's set to Auto)
  • Flash
  • Control Focus & Exposure
  • Video - HD, SloMo, Ultra HD
  • Photo - Widescreen, Standard (I have standard selected)
  • Timer
  • Panorama
  • Quick Capture

I went into the phone's Settings and there are no Camera options there.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The photo wide-screen or standard is the option to change the size of the photos. On my phone (another Moto) the standard is 13 MP and the wide-screen is 9.6 MP. Try changing to wide-screen to see if the photos are smaller.

You can also try a third party camara app from the Play Store to see that provides you with more options.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What app or program are you using to view the photos?  See if yo ucan have it default to viewing the whole picture instead of defaulting to 100% - the Turbo takes photos at a higher resolution so if you want to do enlargements they are of a good quality.  You can reduce the size in a photo editing app, but I like the higher resolution, larger size files.

0 Likes
Cynthia_M

Go to App Store > Device Help > Photos and videos > Adjust camera settings > Adjust > Photo Size > Click camera like you are taking a photo > Swipe screen to the right > Click the box with the L in it > Photo - Widescreen or Standard

The above is what I've done with my android phone. I can only change from widescreen to standard.

There does not appear to be a photo resize option. If you figure it out, please let me know. Cindy [removed]

Content removed per Verizon Community Terms of Service

0 Likes