How can I block a number?
gin63

On my Samsung, it was easy to block a phone number when a spammer called or texted but I cannot figure out how to do this with the Droid Turbo. Anyone know?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I block a number?
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Gin, I also had a Samsung GS3 before the Turbo and really liked the way it had a feature to block calls.  I do miss that on the Turbo as well.  You can go to the Verizon website and block 5 numbers for free.  Another thing many Turbo users are doing is creating one "fake" contact called "Blocked Callers" (you can call it whatever you want).  You can keep adding these spam or annoying callers to this one contact and then send them all to voicemail.  I agree it would be better to block them altogether, but this is the best alternative I could find.  The good part is these annoying callers rarely leave voicemail, so there isn't much you have to clear out.  The 3rd option is to go to the Play Store and there are some apps that claim to block callers as well, but I've found many of those also just send them to voicemail. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gin63,

I know the importance of blocking unwanted calls! There are some ways that this can be done. The phone does have an option to send all their calls to voicemail if they are a contact in your phone. You can save the number as a contact and then once in the phone, in the upper right corner of the contact you will see three dots. Touch the dots and it will give you an option to send all calls to voicemail.

In addition, We have a few options you can choose from: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-numbers/

Hope this information helps! Let us know if you have further questions!

-TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gin63

No that was not helpful, I don’t want my voice mail clogged up with blocked calls that I then have to go and delete. I want the call to immediately hang up and be deleted. It was a free service with my Samsung and I am not going to pay for it now when it would still be limited in terms of numbers of calls that can be blocked. You can close this discussion if you like.

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Gin, I also had a Samsung GS3 before the Turbo and really liked the way it had a feature to block calls.  I do miss that on the Turbo as well.  You can go to the Verizon website and block 5 numbers for free.  Another thing many Turbo users are doing is creating one "fake" contact called "Blocked Callers" (you can call it whatever you want).  You can keep adding these spam or annoying callers to this one contact and then send them all to voicemail.  I agree it would be better to block them altogether, but this is the best alternative I could find.  The good part is these annoying callers rarely leave voicemail, so there isn't much you have to clear out.  The 3rd option is to go to the Play Store and there are some apps that claim to block callers as well, but I've found many of those also just send them to voicemail. 

0 Likes