How Do I See What Apps Are Running After Marshmallow Update?
TheSeeker
Enthusiast - Level 3

After a successful Marshmallow update to my Droid Turbo, I can no longer find the list of apps which are running. It now only gives you a list of: ALL , DISABLED, and ENABLED.

Is there anywhere else a list of the running apps could be hiding or is this an "improvement" with Marshmallow that I'll have to just live with?

PS: I often had to shut down some running apps which couldn't be disabled but I never used and merely hogged my battery.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Running Apps List Gone After Marshmallow Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out on this, TheSeeker. After some deep research I found this about helping with the battery:  https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/109551

According to it (next to the Apps Standby headline), go to Settings > Battery >
"Tap the menu icon (3 vertical dots) at the top right corner of the screen and select Battery optimization. The greyed out list of apps under “Not optimized” cannot be added to App Standby."

Does this help with your battery?

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheSeeker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do Verizon techs ever answer questions here or do you have to call them?

I thought this place was supposed to help with questions????

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer community forum and not a direct link to Customer Support. Of the 36 views your post has seen out of the thousands of registered members, perhaps none of them had a suggestion.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out on this, TheSeeker. After some deep research I found this about helping with the battery:  https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/109551

According to it (next to the Apps Standby headline), go to Settings > Battery >
"Tap the menu icon (3 vertical dots) at the top right corner of the screen and select Battery optimization. The greyed out list of apps under “Not optimized” cannot be added to App Standby."

Does this help with your battery?

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes