Hotmail sync problem
dc88

Hotmail corporate sync is no longer working using the m.hotmail.com servers and the stock email app.  According to the Microsoft forums they have upgraded their servers.  Many Android users are complaining about this on various Android and Microsoft forums.  Users have said that they have used another rom and it works fine, but with stock it will not work.  Using Droid X with Android 2.3.4

#1...Is Verizon aware of this issue?

#2...What are Verizon's plans to upgrade 2.3.4 to once again be able to communicate with the Hotmail/MSN corporate sync server?

Thanks,

DC

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Hotmail sync problem
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hotmail works very well for me on my Nexus as a corporate exchange account.

The Hotmail account also worked last night on a Thunderbolt running GB 2.3.4 and the stock email application. This is set up as a POP account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dc88

Hopefully you will continue to work.  I am only talking about Corporate Sync...as I understand it, there is no issue with POP, but I need/want the functionality of being able to fully sync my Hotmail account using Corporate Sync.

MS has been rolling out the upgrades over the course of the last month and it just hit me 2 days ago.  More and more people are starting to post on it.  Here is the link to the MS forum post regarding the issue.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/hotmail-sync/hotmail-sync-eas-broken-on-mobile-...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As I wrote before the Nexus is setup as a corporate exchange account for my Hotmail account as well as my other Live/MSN account. I had an email notification from the push sync settings a number of times this morning.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dc88

Great - glad you are still working.  But, as I said before, mine and many others are not as evidenced from the Microsoft forums.  Did you examine the link I posted?  There is obviously an issue and many devices are affected, not just Android.  However on the compiled list of affected devices I do not see the Nexus listed so count yourself lucky.

Definite server change dates causing loss of service:

May 17, 2012

June 12, 2012

NON-WORKING Operating Systems:

Apple OS 5.1.1

Android: 2.2, 2.3.4, 2.3.5, 2.3.6, 4.0.3

Meego PR1.2

WebOS: 1.4.5, 1.4.5.1, 2.1.1, 2.2.4, 3.0.5

Windows Mobile: 6.1, 6.5, 6.5 Pro

Windows Phone: 7

NON-WORKING Devices:

Apple iPhone 4S

Asus: Transformer, Transformer Prime

Defy+

Eten Gloflish X800

HP: Pre 3, TouchPad, VEER

HTC: Arrive, HD2, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Rezound

Motorola: Atrix, Atrix 4G, Droid, Droid 2, Droid Bionic, Droid 2 Global, Droid Razr, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, Photon 4G

Nokia: N9

Palm: Pixi, Pixi Plus, Pre 2

RIM: Black Berry 8520

Samsung: Galaxy Ace, Galaxy S2, Tablet S 32gb

Verizon Motorola Global 2

ZTE N762

WORKING/REPAIRED Operating Systems:

Windows Mobile: 5.0, 6.0, 6.1

Note – Failure of Windows Mobile 6.5

Other, possibly connected, faults:

Windows 8 Mail app

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes I did read the link after I posted my message and I had time to do so.

Have you tried removing the account and adding it back to the phone? Do you get the same error or does it not connect?

Have you considered setting up the account as a POP account until the error is resolved?

Personally I prefer my Hotmail account as a POP account, but the Nexus defaulted to an exchange account. I figured it was a good way to try a different set up and if I didn't like it I could change it.

0 Likes
dc88

I have removed the account and added it which was successful.  I now get and MSN account error when it tries to sync anything.  I much prefer sync over POP as I use my MSN accont for my contacts and calendar. 

At this point, I have moved to gmail with my MSN account forwarded to it.  This is still not ideal since I have had my MSN mail for 15+ years and do not want to deal with the hassles of changing my primary email address.  It is just frustrating that corporate sync has worked for more than 2 years for me and is now broken.  I hope this is resolved very soon.

0 Likes
CS_Baldwin

I just received my new Razr Maxx yesterday.  I connected my gmail and live.com (hotmail) to it and it worked beautifully.  I woke up this morning and went to check it and it said on both that It couldn't refresh.  So I had to check settings.  I had to reenter my password and it says "Invalid Credentials".  It does this for live.com as well as gmail.com emails.  What the Heck!!!  Worked fine yesterday.  And I have had the same password for quite a long time.

0 Likes
dc88

Microsoft has posted this on their forums in regards to the EAS sync error problem...can anyone say for sure if GB 2.3.4 Verizon ROM # 4.5.621.MB810 is currently using EAS 2.5 or 14 standard?

List of Supported devices:

The following devices are supported for syncing Hotmail with EAS:
1. Windows Phone
2. iPhone/iOS
3. Android/Hotmail Seven App
4. Any device that properly implements the EAS 2.5 or 14 standard

0 Likes
dc88

Ann, is your Hotmail EAS still working?

0 Likes