Hotmail question
mekongdelta69
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just received my Razr Maxx two days ago (my first non-'dumbphone' ever). With the help of the online manual, searching on the Net for every answer, trial and error, and getting a REALLY good tech. support guy on the line, I've been able to figure out how to most things (so far!)

So far, I haven't been able to figure out two things (which may not exist, and if not, that's why I haven't been able to find the answer (duh)).

I.) I have a Hotmail email acc't. and an Optonline (Cablevision) email acc't. and set them up on my phone. (I also have a gmail acc't., but I haven't set it up yet on the phone).
a.) When I go to my hotmail acc't., there are only four System folders (In, Out, Sent, Trash). On the PC, I have about 10 User Created folders.
1.) I assume you can't create folders for your hotmail acc't. on the phone. Is that correct?
If
that's correct, then I notice that all the messages I have stored in various folders in my hotmail acc't. (on the PC) show up in the Inbox by default.
2.) To Delete msgs. in my Inbox, I have to either open them one by one and click the Trash icon -or- I manually check the box next to the msg., which then turns green and then I click the Trash icon.
Is there any way to "Delete All Messages in this Folder"? (Inbox)
When I do Delete them manually, they all go into the Trash folder and then I (manually) Delete them again.
Same question - Is there any way to "Delete All Messages in this Folder"? (Trash)
3.) Same question for my Optonline (Cablevision) acc't.
[At least if I set up my (unused) gmail acc't., I notice it WILL accept your User created folders.]

I'll put my second question in a separate thread, so it won't get too confusing.

TYIA for any help...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hotmail question
mekongdelta69
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found my own answer again.

You can either go to your web-based mail (hotmail, etc.), or Outlook, one by one or go to your Universal inbox (Apps -> Messaging -> Universal Inbox).

1.) In your Inbox, touch Menu Key -> Select All
2.) Then touch the Trash icon, which sends them to the Trash
3.) In the Trash, touch Menu Key -> Select All, then touch the Trash icon -or- more directly, just touch the Menu Key -> Empty Trash.

That takes care of that.

P.S. "Android Market" is just called "Market" on my phone (just FYI)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3

For 3rd party emails I noticed the androidn system doesnt always work. I had the same problem with hotmail. To get it to work I had to download the hotmail app from the android play store which is free. Iw as able to sign in and all my folders are thre. Same goes for yahoo email. Gmail gets set up trough the gmail icon on your phone and not trogh the mail icon. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
mekongdelta69
Enthusiast - Level 3

"To get it to work I had to download the hotmail app from the android play store which is free."

Dumb questions, I know, but as I mentioned above, I'm a FNG (newb) to Smartphones (and obviously the Razr Maxx).

1.) I looked at all my apps and I don't see anything called "Android Play Store". I looked under "A", "P" and "S". The closest thing which 'seemed' like it, was called "Market". Is that it?
2.) When I do find 'it' (whatever the name of the 'Store'), how do I download the hotmail app?

Thanks again...

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3

Yes. It also the android market. Im sorry. its because google changed the name and some phones have not gotten the update.

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 21:59:00 -0600

To: <personal information deleted per TOS.>

Subject: Re: Hotmail question - Re: Hotmail question

created by mekongdelta69 in DROID RAZR by Motorola - View the full discussion

"To get it to work I had to download the hotmail app from the android play store which is free." Dumb questions, I know, but as I mentioned above, I'm a FNG (newb) to (Smartphones and obviously the Razr Maxx). 1.) I looked at all my apps and I don't see anything called "Android Play Store". I looked under "A", "P" and "S". The closest thing which 'seemed' like it, was called "Market". Is that it?

2.) When I do find 'it' (whatever the name of the 'Store'), how do I download the hotmail app? Thanks again...

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in DROID RAZR by Motorola by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy.  Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also setup the hotmail account as exchange and get all your folders within the default email application. http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=f49bdf1f-8bb9-47e4-9633-e3a6ba15e2f8

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mekongdelta69
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found my own answer again.

You can either go to your web-based mail (hotmail, etc.), or Outlook, one by one or go to your Universal inbox (Apps -> Messaging -> Universal Inbox).

1.) In your Inbox, touch Menu Key -> Select All
2.) Then touch the Trash icon, which sends them to the Trash
3.) In the Trash, touch Menu Key -> Select All, then touch the Trash icon -or- more directly, just touch the Menu Key -> Empty Trash.

That takes care of that.

P.S. "Android Market" is just called "Market" on my phone (just FYI)

0 Likes