Help - Love the phone - continuous WiFi issues
StevenWWright
Enthusiast - Level 1

Help!  I've been using the RAZR Maxx HD for quite some time now.  I've lived with the intermittent Wifi Connectivity issues and have read up quite a bit on it - listening to others complain about the same issue of dropping the Wifi connection constantly.  From what I've read, they go to Motorola, and they say it's a Verizon issue, and Verizon has said it's a Motorola issue - so I decided not to jump on to that Merry-go-round.  I would like to say - before going further, that I'm impressed with Verizon's offering over any other provider, and also REALLY like the RAZR Maxx HD.  Part of the reason I went with the phone - however, was that it had global connectivity capacity.  I'm heading to France, then Italy in a couple of weeks and know that I can get data and phone access using the phone,but the data costs are up there, and want to "rely" on the WiFi connection.  There's the issue of every 3 minutes (it seems like) - the Wifi drops in my house.

I've heard the solution is to get a specific router, or update the firmware, but that ONLY helps with my house connection - not with international travel.  I have not seen any recent posts regarding this issue - or at least I haven't seen any solutions in my research.  I want to keep this phone - love it - but with all of the other offerings out there that don't have this issue - which is core to a good smart phone - was wondering if you, or anyone else has come up with a real solution to this frustrating problem.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help or offer a solution.

Labels (2)
Re: Help - Love the phone - continuous WiFi issues
B33
Legend

Just for the asking have you checked your Router to make sure it had it's latest updates I know my Router and the company of it Didn't put out a Update for a long time.. And i recently updated and to me it helped some what I never had a loss of connection before or now but to me it helped in the speed area..

0 Likes
StevenWWright
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply B33 - I use the Netgear WNDR4300 Dual Band Wireless router, and firmware is up to date (version 1.0.1.42).  I've heard this before, but just looked to verify that I was completely up today.  What I've not heard anyone tell me is that there is a definitive issue with the RAZR MAXX HD and this particular model of router.  While I'm open to getting a new router, I haven't heard anyone tell me WHAT router is the right one to get to work with this phone.  But that still leaves the issue of having spotty Wifi as open networks use a variety fo wireless routers and thats out of my control.

Anyone at Verizon want to chime in on this one?????

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately since you didn't mark your post as a question, it's unlikely that a VZW rep will see it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your welcome,

0 Likes