Help...I purchased a Droid Razr Maxx on ebay and didn't know I needed a SIM card.
jeanmtd

I was hoping to swap out my old HTC Droid Incredible with this new Motorola Droid Razr Maxx I got on ebay but my incredible doesn't have a SIM card. I never knew that until today, guess I never needed to look or think about it before. Can I get a SIM card for this phone? The previous owner didn't include it in the sale. Any ideas???

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Help...I purchased a Droid Razr Maxx on ebay and didn't know I needed a SIM card.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can get one at your local Corporate Verizon store or Verizon will mail you one if you contact CS (shouldn't be a charge for it).

0 Likes
Re: Help...I purchased a Droid Razr Maxx on ebay and didn't know I needed a SIM card.
B33
Legend

Tikibar is Correct you can go into any Corporate Store and Get a Sim for that Maxx but Just be aware they will might want to make sure the Phone is Free and Clear from the Old Account first since you got it from EBAY..

0 Likes
jeanmtd

Thank you Tiki and B33. I was trying to keep my unlimited data plan and didn't want to commit to a new contract at this point in time. The phone is without contract so shouldn't be any issues. I saw SIM cards for that phone on ebay for $5.95. Is this something I can do myself or does Verizon have to provide it?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It's best i think just to get the Card from Verizon and that Way they can set it Up Correctly For ya.!  If not it can cause ya allot a Headaches..And be sure to Remember this watch how you Handle the Card there very Sensitive, Don't bend it, Touch it in the Gold area of the Card because of the Static Electricity and the Oil in your Fingers and when you insert the Card make sure it's fully seated there is a Spring Mechanism that catches the Card and pulls it in the Maxx that's it close the Little door and then power it Up.. Good Luck b

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The fact that the phone is off-contract doesn't necessarily mean that you won't have issues.  What B33 was talking about is having Verizon ensure that the phone you bought has a clean ESN, i.e., it isn't stolen or attached to a bad account.  Having Verizon check it is a good idea, although once you try to activate it, if the ESN is bad for whatever reason, it won't activate.  If you want to pay money for a SIM card, that's your business, but you can get 'em for free from Verizon, as noted in my earlier post.

B33
Legend

+1 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The previous owner shouldn't even include the SIM card in the sale of any 4G LTE phone. The SIM card contains all the account information for the user. Which is useless to the next owner except for a complete breach of privacy.

As the others stated, you can get a new SIM card from a corporate Verizon Wireless store. You can also request one through your MyVerizon account when you go to activate the phone on your line. Both methods are free of charge to you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on recently purchasing the Droid Razr Maxx, it's a great device. In regards to obtaining a new sim card for your phone you can contact Customer Service or visit a corporate Verizon retail store, where we can set you up with or send one out.

Thank you,

GeorgeP_Vzw

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
jeanmtd

Thank you all for the good information. I did go to my local Verizon store where they gave me a SIM card free of charge and my new phone's working great.

0 Likes