Help! Google play stuck in "installing" forever
Kdub0517

My phone is suddenly unable to install new apps through Google Play.  It just stays in "installing" forever (ie. until I give up and stop it).  It has worked fine for a year or so but now nothing will install.

I called support and they can only suggest the extreme factory reset or whatever you call it. 

I read about a suggestion that said to go to manage battery and data but I don't see that option under settings.  Also, it has worked both with wifi and without in the past....

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Help! Google play stuck in "installing" forever
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There was a glitch with Google Play the other day; sounds like it may still be going on every  now and then.  Maybe if you tried again later today or tomorrow to update your apps?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try settings > apps > all tab > scroll down to Play Store > select it > clear cache and data for the app.

Back out and reopen the Play Store and accept the terms and conditions for the app. Then try to update the applications again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ndragna
Enthusiast - Level 3

Doing a factory reset is not very "extreme". As long as everything is backed up via your gmail account then there is nothing to be worried about. If you are using a 3rd party launcher then you can back that up as well. Once you do a factory reset all your apps and data will automatically be downloaded to your device then merely restore your launcher that you backed up and walah! Everything is back to how it was before. As google play not installing, I have been having some major issues with my data connection when I am in certain places. When I'm home I get 20gb+ a second, when I'm at work I get if i'm LUCKY 1mb and it usually drops to a crawl of around 0.2 mb ( speed retrieved from "speedtest" app ) even though my 4G LTE connection on my phone says it is 3-4 bars. To get to the point, my Google Play does what you are speaking of when I am in a bad data zone. A good test to see if it's Google Play or your phone is to see if it works on Wi-Fi.

0 Likes