Headphones jack not working
paulgemini

Have a Droid Razr, the phone that has the carbon footprint of a coal fire power plant. The only phone with which you can cook an Omelet. It's the 2001 Foreman Grill of phones: a hot device that is difficult to turn off.

Problem: Tried many headphones and the jack won't work.

Took following steps:

Software:

1. Restarted.

2. Forced reboot.

3. Cleared cache.

4. Removed all recently installed apps, cleared cache again.

5. I'm not using any special headphone/whatever apps. Bluetooth is disabled and has never been used.

Hardware:

1. GENTLY tapped inside the jack with a paperclip to see if I could dislodge any lint.

2. Stared pensively at phone, occasionally commanding it to obey.

3. Turned if off, hoping that the Droid Razr's 450 degree exterior running temperature had just overheated things.

None of these steps worked.

So - probably cut and dry. Probably a hardware issue and need to take it in. If they trade it out for me, hopefully Verizon can send my old one to Siberia to keep orphan children warm.

Note: I upgraded two months ago to ICS, so that's not the problem here (I don't think).

I have some "insurance" thing on my phone so hopefully that covers this. If it doesn't? Well...then once again, a cell phone company will have gotten the best of me.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Headphones jack not working
B33
Legend

paulgemini wrote:

Have a Droid Razr, the phone that has the carbon footprint of a coal fire power plant. The only phone with which you can cook an Omelet. It's the 2001 Foreman Grill of phones: a hot device that is difficult to turn off.

Problem: Tried many headphones and the jack won't work.

Took following steps:

Software:

1. Restarted.

2. Forced reboot.

3. Cleared cache.

4. Removed all recently installed apps, cleared cache again.

5. I'm not using any special headphone/whatever apps. Bluetooth is disabled and has never been used.  Check.!

Hardware:

1. GENTLY tapped inside the jack with a { paperclip } --> Good way to short out the Head Jack to see if I could dislodge any lint.

2. Stared pensively at phone, occasionally commanding it to obey. --> Those Dam Gremlins

3. Turned if off, hoping that the Droid Razr's 450 degree exterior running temperature had just overheated things. Bacon Eggs to go.!

None of these steps worked.

So - probably cut and dry. Probably a hardware issue and need to take it in. If they trade it out for me, hopefully Verizon can send my old one to Siberia to keep orphan children warm.

Note: I upgraded two months ago to ICS, so that's not the problem here (I don't think).  Na couldn't be that

I have some "insurance" thing on my phone so hopefully that covers this. If it doesn't? Well...then once again, a cell phone company will have gotten the best of me. 

A lesson Learned maybe ?

Jerry O you out there i feel your presents in my Words...

I think you better get another replacement.. Quickly ..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Paulgemini - Paul were you able to get your device replaced? Let us know if you still need assistance.

Thank you everyone!

NicandroN_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
mikewpal

Someone may find it helpful to try cleaning lint out with a paper clip or twist tie like from a loaf of bread etc.

I used a twist tie as I believe it works better / easier on the connector.

I found a very small amout of lint and after I removed it, the jack is working fine.

0 Likes