Has anyone had issues with blue tooth in the car with Droid Turbo
Belynda227
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every time I play the music on my Droid Turbo via Bluetooth in my car, I end up having to do a factory reset in order to use the phone via bluetooth.  I can tell the phone to dial a number or I can answer a call but the person on the other end can't hear me even though I can hear them loud and clear.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone had issues with blue tooth in the car with Droid Turbo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Belynda227,
That's definitely odd, we certainly need to get to the bottom of this so you can use it safely while driving. Have you been able to use it in the past without completing the factory reset? The factory reset deleted everything from your phone, is that the type of reset you're doing? If so, you need to pair your phone every time, which explains the problem. Is your car compatible with the phone? Some cars are not compatible, in this case some features work but not all. Use http://vz.to/11fpca7 to review compatibility.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Belynda227
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Yes, the first week or so, the phone/blue tooth worked fine.  I went to a Verizon wireless store and they did a factory reset and the blue tooth started working again.  The next day while driving to work, I was playing music from my phone over blue tooth in the car and I got a call, that's when It started "not" working again.  I did another factory reset and it started working again.  After the 3rd time I had to do a reset, I just stopped playing the music on my phone in my car.  My car is a 2012 Kia Optima, and my previous Droid and Iphones both worked with no problems.  I really don't understand why Verizon's newest Droid Turbo would give this kind of problem.???  confused...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Belynda227,

Let's ensure your bluetooth is working as it should be! Is your car's audio software up to date? Does your phone work well with other bluetooth devices?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CMHScott
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem. Brand new 2014 Ford Fusion. A friend's phone connected just fine. Mine paired but the other party could not hear my voice even though I could hear them fine.

0 Likes
CMHScott
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got mine to work.

You have to turn off "OK Google" features completely.  It seems to want to compete with the phone for some reason.  I read it in a Motorola forum elsewhere, tried it, and it works fine.

It's too bad you have to pick or choose though.

labana

Hi Belynda - Can you let us know if you still have this issue? If so, can you try CMHScott's solution and see if that works? Go into the Google App, scroll all the way to the bottom and click the three dots on the bottom right, click Settings, Click Voice, Click OK Google Detection and uncheck all the boxes (also let us know the current settings).

Also, can you please tell us which car kit you have - UVO, Basic Audio, or Navigation unit?

thanks

Roland

0 Likes