Re: Haptic Feedback Issue
B33
Legend

With the I.C.S update Haptic Feedback was Either Moved to Area were it's harder to find it or It was completely Pulled off the OS. As i mention allot stuff was Moved around one of the Two Places is Accessibility the other is Developer Options!  That's were i went to adjust my screen Animation.. But it's a Wise thing if you decide change anything in Setting to write it down so you know what it was Originally set at..  

0 Likes
jearbee

Okay so my phone too has now started to have issues with the haptic feedback. It is constantly going in and out. The only fix is to shake or tap the phone and although this brings it back it quickly goes away again. I am extremely fustrated. I have done all the software tests and resets known to man. This is a hardware bug of some sort. When I lose the vibration I also lose it for all in coming text and calls. Some one at Verizon needs to address this issue!!

0 Likes
demobetav2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Over the past week my phone just starting having this issue as well; haptic and vibrate functionality goes in and out. This is a HARDWARE issue as I've done all software checks as others have done and the only way to return functionality of vibration is by lightly shaking the phone or tapping on the lower portion of the phone where the vibration motor is housed. The shaking/tapping seems to unstick the motor.

Can we get an official Verizon response on this issue?

I plan on requesting a replacement phone in the next few days, but I'd like to hear an official response before I do so. I also hate to get a refurb, yet this phone has been nothing but junk hardware from the start in my experience (I'm already on a replacement phone).

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I would say there isn't one in the Works anytime soon!  So getting another unit might be your best bet.. for now any way,, b33 

0 Likes
jearbee

B33 is correct. I would say there will not be a fix anytime soon. Why? Well when I called tech support and told them what was going on with my phone and explained the haptic feedback was going in and out the guy on the other end didn't know what haptic meant or what I was referring to. This is the skilled Verizon staff I am supposedly talking to. He finally determined it was hardware related and sent me out a new phone. I received the phone and it took 4 hours to get everything up and going the way I like it to be on the device. Moments later my battery started to drain very quickly. I would go from a full battery to nothing in 2 hours. I would plug it in and after 5 minutes on the charger then I had 70% battery or so it said. Only to remove it from the charger and I would lose the battery 10 minutes later. Then I would attempt to take photos and the phone would turn off. I would suggest living with the lack of vibration if everything else works on your phone because their so called refurbished tested phones are crap. Now they are sending me out yet another refurbished phone today. I wish I had just dealt with the haptic issue. Ugh!!

0 Likes
demobetav2
Enthusiast - Level 3

My refurb replacement is arriving today, hoping I don't have any issues with it.

I could see living with the issue, though I find that unacceptable. Also, when the vibration motor is locked up it's locked up. The phone won't vibrate for calls or messages either. In other words you have a phone that doesn't have a notification system that's been around for about twenty years.

I can see myself having more problems with this phone and I'm clearly disappointed and pretty much fed up with it. One up side is that past experience with Verizon has showed that if you keep having issues they will eventually offer you a different refurbed device if you make the proper complaints to the right people. This is my third Maxx in five months and 4th hardware flaw.

A note on the battery: sometimes they get out of cycle with the software. That can be fixed by running the phone down to 10% and charging it to full while it's shut off. You need to repeat that cycle two or three times, but yeah, refurbs under warranty are BS. We need lemon laws for more than just cars.

0 Likes