Re: Group texts failing
jdshay

I am having the same trouble with my galaxy s3.  I cannot reply to a group message or start my own group thread.  I thought it was because I have started using the google hangouts which I enjoy, but I realize it started before that app was on my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jdshay!

I want you to be able to enjoy your Galaxy S III!  What exactly happens when you attempt to reply to a group message?  Do you get an error message after sending?  Let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jjtoppe

I am having this same issue as well, and it's been happening for about a month or so. I will receive a group text, but when I hit reply, it ends up with a red x. Again, doesn't matter if it's 2 recipients or multiple. I tried forwarding the message and it still fails. But when I type a new message to a single person it will work. Very frustrating!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jjtoppe,

A month is way to long to have this issue with your text messages. Let's get this matter resolved. Are you using the stock text message feature? Have you tried clearing out your text message application cache and clear application data, and forced stopped the application?

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes
jjtoppe

Hi Karen,

I'm not sure what the "stock" text message feature is, I am not using an app, just what came installed on the phone. I do have Clean Master to clean out my cache. Not sure if there is another method to clear out the text message application cache. Sometimes texts go thru and sometimes not. For example, yesterday I sent several texts (not a group), each with a photo, and all came back as not delivered with the red x. The recipient told me he did not receive any of the 4. Then about 20 minutes later when I tried resending one, he told me all 4 came thru, but they still showed as not sent on my end.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jjtoppe,

Thanks for keeping me posted! The stock text message feature is the one that came with the phone. If you are not using a third party messaging app then you are using the stock text message feature.

You can clear the message cache by following these steps http://vz.to/1cO8b9E. Just make sure you select the text message app when you go to manage apps.

Are you only having this issue when sending text to a certain person? Please give the above steps a try and keep me posted.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
esorce

I have had this problem ongoing for years!! there is no solution. I have spent hours upon hours on the phone with support on several occasions and have tried countless suggested ways to correct the issue. This is my 3rd or 4th smartphone thru verizon and each time i get a new phone model im hopeful the problem will be resolved but it NEVER is. we shouldnt have t p ay for features we cant use. The other thing I cant do is send a video. Of any kind or length. After again multiple calls and hours Verizon finally cops out by telling me the quality in which my phone takes videos it too good to be supported by the network. Wait...WHAT????

I was asked by sales person what I would be using the phone mostly for. I respond, 'texting, sending photos , videos etc'. Hes says , "this phone great for that...".... but fails to tell me I cant send anything because thier network cant support it. Its total BS. My flip phone from 2007 never had an issue with any of these things. Smart phone??? not so smart. If anyone has actually had any luck with any of the troubleshooting solutions Verizon suggested please share with the many who are getting no result. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly understand how ongoing issues would be frustrating esorce. Are you receiving an error when the messages fail? Does this happen with the same group of people? Does it happen when sending pics or videos via the group? Also, with videos, choosing a lower resolution and shorter video will allow the messages to send over MMS. Larger files can be sent over email or uploaded to a social media site. Here is more info on file size limits.

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes
AKMUT

I'm experiencing the same problem with outgoing group texts failing to send.  I can receive them fine, but can't reply.  Doesn't matter whether or not I'm attaching anything to the text.  Was working fine up until a few days ago.  I've had the same problem in the past, also.  I've tried the suggested "fixes" mention here without any success.  Extremely frustrating! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AKMUT, let's get those group messages working again. Are you also having issues with the Razr? Have you had any issues with text messaging, picture messaging or data connections?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes