Group Messages stuck in download on Wifi.
Brian6122
Enthusiast - Level 1

After updating this phone a couple days ago, I can no longer get group messages to come in directly.  They always are getting stuck in the download stage, sometimes for hours.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Labels (2)
Re: Group Messages stuck in download on Wifi.
laylay23
Enthusiast - Level 1

YES! Same problem, same phone. It also happened after I completed the update. Can we get this issue fixed?

0 Likes
KarenThompson

I too have had this issue, mostly am using MMS and not able to receive/send. Contacted Verizon this evening, on the phone for 3 hours, finally tech suggested I reset to factory settings. Nice to lose all my info, data, apps, ringtones, etc. only to find out this was NOT the fix. Contacted Samsung tech support and was told the phones are designed to ONLY allow MMS via data network, NOT Wi-Fi. I called about this problem the day after I purchased these phones and was NOT informed of this design "flaw", now 3 weeks later, I am informed. I don't have 3G or 4G in my home, only Wi-Fi. Only when I travel, do I access 4G, and I don't send or receive too many MMS while I am driving! This is a terrible design, told them so and asked for a refund. Of course their response was to contact my carrier (Verizon) and ask them to upgrade my 4G, maybe put a tower in my back yard. Angry does not even come close to how I feel at this moment. Back on Hold with Verizon, now we are looking at 5 freakin hours on the phone between Verizon and Samsung!

0 Likes
KMorgan7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have this same problem after installing the latest update on my Droid Razr HD. The problem happens on WiFi AND on 4G or 3G service. It is very annoying as many of my conversations are done with group messaging. Makes it almost impossible to keep up/contribute to the conversation. Would love to know if there is an actual solution to this issue.

laylay23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm still experiencing the same problem...how can we get someone from verizon to help us with troubleshooting?

mazarate
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes.  This problem started right after the system upgraded itself one night. Sigh.  I kept thinking Verizon would take care of it soon enough.  Now all I want is out of my contract.  They must fix this, as group messages just grind to a halt as my incoming messages take hours to upload.

beechmon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've always had problems, not so much group messages, but large data, pictures, etc. jsut a slow phone, whether in 4G "LTE", wifi... anything.

gripstock1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes have had this same problem.

Spent almost one hour on phone with Verizon tech support.

Tech dumped my "cached" data and thought it would fix it but it did not.

Getting very tired of waiting long periods of time to get a simple text message.