This may be in these forums or others, but i still thought that i would share my recent change and resultant improvement to battery life and lag. Before, my phone would last approximately 1 day but would essentially be dead overnight. After 8 hours of minimal use (checking incoming texts, emails, and making a few phone calls) the phone would be down to 40-50% battery life left. Now this is still better than most of my phones prior to the Maxx, so i'm not complaining, but it didnt seem as good as it should have been. What drove me nuts was how laggy and non-responsive the phone would be on scrolling through the homescreens, to the keyboard coming up, to even entering text in a text message. Trying to do something more complicated...forget it.
Now my phone setup is unrooted with a lot of photos and about 100 apps. Texts messages were limited to saving 50 per person, and i use sdmaid pro to wipe out duplicates and other things...but it still did not eliminate lagginess.
The things that i hypothesized that was creating delay or eating battery were 3 things:
1) Verizon Mobile Security - it seemed to be scanning apps and stuff quite frequently
2) Smart Actions - i had only 3 smart actions on, i think it was the default 3. i used to have more but i did notice that it was easy to create conflicting logic
3) GSam Battery monitor
So i just went ahead and deleted the GSam battery monitor. i really didnt need the minute by minute understanding of my battery life, and the normal indicator was sufficient.
I decided to uninstall the mobile security as well. sure it increases risk, but every since it was available on day 1, i had it installed and i havent had anything contaminate me yet. i may try put this on again first to see how much battery or lag this causes.
I have disabled smart actions as well.
today, i have used my phone as normal, and actually since i have done these things, i certainly have been tinkering with my phone more often today. Right now, with 10h 33m 58s on battery, it says i have 70% life left (note that the default battery i believe only tells every 10%). All instances of lag feel like it has been eliminated (i do understand that this is a subjective thing). This is all without doing resets, and making any major changes.
i dont know if this will help any of you folks here, but i thought my improvement was large enough to share on the forums.